Windows 10: Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

Discus and support Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I'm modifying file names, in the middle of typing, the Windows/explorer will autoselect all the names. For instance, when I'm deleting certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leon.Mnllng, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

When I'm modifying file names, in the middle of typing, the Windows/explorer will autoselect all the names. For instance, when I'm deleting certain word, it will reselect all the names and then all will be deleted. This is so annoying.To make sure auto-reselecting is not coming from clicking or typing anything, I wait for about two to three seconds and it really is auto-reselect.Does anyone have the same problem? or Maybe have solution? I really appreciate.Thank you in advance.

:)

Leon.Mnllng, Feb 12, 2022
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. File Explorer - Auto Sort

I am sorry, but I cannot find any options for Auto Arrange in a folder. I see it for the Desk Top icons, but not in a File Explorer window.

I did not change any settings. The file list has always resorted itself immediately after renaming a file in Windows 7 and Windows 8. But it is not doing so in Windows 10.

If there is a setting for Auto Arrange in a File Explorer window, can you tell me where to find it?

MichaelMantkowski, Feb 12, 2022
  4. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

1. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files. - Similar Threads - explorer Auto select

2. Cursor moves to left or selects all text when renaming files in windows explorer. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moves to left or selects all text when renaming files in windows explorer. Windows...: This issue has been going on for at least 2 years now. I have not seen any resolution from Microsoft on fixing this issue.What is the status of this bug fix? Is there ANY setting I can turn off to MAKE IT STOP?...
  3. Cursor moves to left or selects all text when renaming files in windows explorer. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moves to left or selects all text when renaming files in windows explorer. Windows...: This issue has been going on for at least 2 years now. I have not seen any resolution from Microsoft on fixing this issue.What is the status of this bug fix? Is there ANY setting I can turn off to MAKE IT STOP?...
  4. File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?: I have a large Folder with lots of Sub-Folers. When I create and then rename a New folder in File Explorer, the file jumps to the alphabetical position it should be located and disappears from within the window I have open and I then have to scroll up or down until I find it....
  5. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.: When I'm modifying file names, in the middle of typing, the Windows/explorer will autoselect all the names. For instance, when I'm deleting certain word, it will reselect all the names and then all will be deleted. This is so annoying.To make sure auto-reselecting is not...
  6. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.: When I'm modifying file names, in the middle of typing, the Windows/explorer will autoselect all the names. For instance, when I'm deleting certain word, it will reselect all the names and then all will be deleted. This is so annoying.To make sure auto-reselecting is not...
  7. Re: Renaming files: annoying automatic re-selection of entire filename in Windows 8

Re: Renaming files: annoying automatic re-selection of entire filename in Windows 8: So I think I've found a workaround that doesn't require a third party program. I simply can't reply to the original thread because it's closed, but I think my two cents may help some people since I'm having this problem on Windows 10 nearly seven years later. It seems that,...
  8. Windows Explorer - File Renaming - Double Click to Select Word

Windows Explorer - File Renaming - Double Click to Select Word: When renaming a file in Windows Explorer, the double click selects a "word". The problem I'm having is the "Double Click + Drag". This not only selects the File Name, but also the File Extension. It is very clunky and bothersome, because I almost never want to change the File...
  9. File Explorer Rename - name select delay interrupts edit

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Rename - name select delay interrupts edit: Hi, When renaming a file in File Explorer I am frequently, but not always, stymied by the system re-selecting the entire filename whilst I am in the midst of editing it. It occurs anytime from 1-2s after I start editing up to 10s or more. I typically am using the back arrow...
  10. File Explorer Auto Renaming Organization Within Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Auto Renaming Organization Within Folders: Yea, the topic name sounds very in-depth and confusing haha, so let me elaborate. Sometimes I download wallpaper images, and Properly rename them so they don't have so much useless info in the filename. When I am renaming the files, sometimes I would rename a file that has...