Windows 10: Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

Discus and support Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nick Ouellette, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer using US English. At the end of the day its not a big issue at all, just curious how to fix.Thanks!

:)

Nick Ouellette, Aug 23, 2023

2. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

EDIT: Comment obsolete. Correction posted below.

After following the above steps, clicking "Options" next to "English (Canada)" (in the "Language" control panel window) shows the message "Windows display language -----
    A language pack isn't available".

The language pack manual-download page (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10)
    also shows no language pack for "English (Canada)" - only "English (United States)", English (United
    Kingdom)", and "French (Canada)".

"English (Canada)" cannot be set as the display language, because "English (Canada)" apparently
    does not exist as a display language for Windows 10.

Not only does this prevent Windows 10 (build 10547) from recognizing Canadian English spelling variants, it also prevents Cortana from functioning as announced in Canada, as it will not enable itself if the region and display language do not
    both match the values it's looking for.

HaloInverse, Aug 23, 2023
  3. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 23, 2023
  4. LoganUH Win User

Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

English Canada Text Suggestions Fails to Download

I have English US and English Canada keyboards installed. English US has text suggestions working perfectly. But Canada has no text suggestions when I swap over to it. Also that article refers to windows phone 8, not 10. My display language and region
    format are both Canadian English. It appears as though I can't download any keyboard text suggestions, and all I have available is English US suggestions.

LoganUH, Aug 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

1. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA - Similar Threads - displaying English Canada

2. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  3. Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout: I currently have 4 options for my languagesEnglish US - US KeyboardEnglish UK - German KeyboardEnglish UK - UK KeyboardGerman - German KeyboardI have a German laptop, so having the German keyboard layout is essential, so that I can actually see what I am going to type. I...
  4. Change default spell checker in Window 10 From English USA to English Australia

Change default spell checker in Window 10 From English USA to English Australia: How can I change the default spell checker to English Aust in Windows 10. Eg the word : Humour is showing as a spelling error when it is spelt correct in Australia but should be humor in the USA :-...
  5. how to stop the keyboard to defaulting to English canada

how to stop the keyboard to defaulting to English canada: So I want to use either English US or French Canada only.. But the stupid system keeps defaulting to English Canada even though it`s not even in the preferred Languages. It`s getting super frustrating....
  6. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  7. Canada buying in USA store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Canada buying in USA store: Hello, I am a canadian with canada address and I want to buy something in the US store. Does anyone know how I can purchase from US store with Canadian address? Thanks, Young...
  8. English (Canada)

English (Canada): Yes Microsoft, you got it right. You say the problem is at your end, and it is indeed. Now, how can I retry? Version 1909. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-canada/4510e292-4fc7-430c-9625-ef78d7344cf0
  9. Default short date format change for English (Canada)

in Windows 10 News
    Default short date format change for English (Canada): Beginning with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, the default short date format for English (Canada) was changed from dd/MM/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd. Microsoft is not planning to revert this change as yyyy-MM-dd is the recommended date format by The Government of Canada. However,...
  10. WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version

WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version: I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from Amazon with the following label: "WIN PRO 10 32-BIT/64-BIT ENG INTL USB". I understand this is the international version but I live in the USA. What is the difference between the International and USA version? Can I use the...