Windows 10: Windows Defender won't let me install programs

Discus and support Windows Defender won't let me install programs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!Recently i bought a new computer, running on windows11.As it seems, every time I try to install a program it either deletes it or blocks it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Miguel Serra-269, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Windows Defender won't let me install programs

Hello!Recently i bought a new computer, running on windows11.As it seems, every time I try to install a program it either deletes it or blocks it from installing, warning me it might have a virus, I've tried installing several different programs and can't still find my way around it . I've tried to manually shut windows defender and even tried to add exceptions to said files and it never seems to change anything. Would love some help! Thank You!

:)

Miguel Serra-269, Jan 21, 2024

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 21, 2024
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 21, 2024
  4. tops Win User

Windows Defender won't let me install programs

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Windows Defender won't let me install programs

1. Windows Defender won't let me install programs - Similar Threads - Defender won't let

2. Windows Defender won't let me install programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender won't let me install programs: Hello!Recently i bought a new computer, running on windows11.As it seems, every time I try to install a program it either deletes it or blocks it from installing, warning me it might have a virus, I've tried installing several different programs and can't still find my way...
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. It won't let me in?

It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  5. Windows Won't Let Me Install Wifi Driver

Windows Won't Let Me Install Wifi Driver: For the past 8 years I have used an ethernet cable to access the internet, but recently I moved home and am in a position where, to my chagrin, I must use wifi.My problem is that the wifi keeps disconnecting every few minutes. My device is the only one in the house that does...
  6. Windows defender won't let me allow an application through.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender won't let me allow an application through.: Hello, whenever I try saving a photo from my photo editor it always says I don't have the access to do that. When I go to the notification center which tells me that the application was blocked I click on it. Once windows defender opens it just says there were no recent...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise won't let me turn on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Enterprise won't let me turn on Windows Defender: My PC automatically updated from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Enterprise a few years back when Microsoft was offering free upgrades. I keep getting system notices to turn on Defender because it's disabled, but when I try to go to turn it on it says "Windows Defender...
  8. Windows won't let me install an app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't let me install an app: I have windows 10. I'm trying to install an app and when I click on the install file I get a big red box that says "Malicious file" and then "this application may cause damage to your device. Sensitive personal data may also be at risk. More info. I select "More Info" and...
  9. Windows 10 will not let me install any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not let me install any programs: I can download programs, but cannot install them. It starts to install, then something blocks it. This has happened with common downloads like Quicken. I cannot even install updated iTunes files, or update Quicken. I tried to back up my files, but the Seagate hard drive...
  10. New build won't let me install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New build won't let me install Windows: Here is my build - Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 960 4GB - System Build - PCPartPicker So this has been a nightmare for the past two days trying to get everything installed correctly and to actually boot up and allow me to install windows from my USB drive. I...