Windows 10: *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

Discus and support *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator* in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ipsude ., Jan 9, 2024.

1. Ipsude . Win User

*Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator or something like that and this only occured after the reset and i have tried everything such as running some commands through cmd and resetting the pc again and repairing and resetting windows defender and so much more and nothing works and i dont have a school or work acco

:)

Ipsude ., Jan 9, 2024

2. IT administrator has limited acces to this page on Windows Defender

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for replying with the information, and I apologize for the delayed response.

Let’s try a couple of steps and see if we can fix the issue.

Method 1: Check in built-in administrator

1. Press Windows + S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit Enter: net user administrator /active:yes

Method 2: Run Windows Defender Offline

Try running Windows Defender Offline and see if that helps. Refer the section Microsoft Defender Offline Scan from the article

Help protect my PC with Microsoft Defender Offline

Method 3: In-place upgrade

Try performing a repair installation. This will repair all the corrupted files and services on the system. You can refer the article
    How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step
    Guide
    by Paulsey…

Let us know how it goes, if the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 9, 2024
  3. Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access

Hi Mattia,

Disabling Defender is not recommended; doing so will give free rein to that program. Malware can cause damage that can be irreversible in some cases. Anyway, to know what's wrong with Windows Security/Defender configuration, please do the following and upload the respective logs.

Step 1:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST64.exe)

• Run FRST64.exe and click "Scan".
    • Upload the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to your OneDrive and share the link here.
    Step 2:

Download defender_diag.bat. Right-click on the file, click Properties, Unblock, and OK. Run the batch file as administrator.

The Batch file queries Defender-related settings/Policies and outputs the results to a log file. Upload this log to your OneDrive and share the link here.

Note: Before uploading the log to your OneDrive, edit the defender.log file and remove your Email ID if found.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 9, 2024
  4. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

it administrator has limited access to windows defender

Please do the following and upload the respective logs.

Step 1:

Step 2:

• Download defender_diag.bat. Right-click on the file, click Properties, Unblock, and OK. Run the batch file as administrator.
    (The Batch file queries Defender-related settings/Policies and outputs the results to a log file named defender.log. Upload this log to your OneDrive and share the link here.)

(How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 9, 2024
Thema:

*Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

1. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator* - Similar Threads - *Windows Defender has

2. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  3. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  4. Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access": My Windows Security has an issue "Page not found, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information.this is not a work or school computer do I have a virus doing...
  5. Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access"

Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access": My Windows Security has an issue "Page not found, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information.this is not a work or school computer do I have a virus doing...
  6. *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Windows Defender has been limited by a IT administrator*: I recently reset my PC without keeping the files because, i wanted a fresh start for my PC. After the reset i was trying to download something and noticed that i need to turn my Windows Defender off for a second but when i tried accessing windows defender it said that Windows...
  7. it administrator has limited access to windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it administrator has limited access to windows defender: I have tried everything but i still cant access virus and threat protection it just doesnt wanna work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-administrator-has-limited-access-to-windows/85cc9805-4471-4662-80dc-40c1549fc2fc
  8. it administrator has limited access to windows defender

it administrator has limited access to windows defender: I have tried everything but i still cant access virus and threat protection it just doesnt wanna work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-administrator-has-limited-access-to-windows/85cc9805-4471-4662-80dc-40c1549fc2fc
  9. IT administrator has limited acces to this page on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IT administrator has limited acces to this page on Windows Defender: I have been trying to fix this for the longest time now. I would say about 8 hours. So basically i got this new laptop and I create clients for games. The thing is that these clients have injectors and these injectors have a trojan. But in order to work with them I need to...
  10. Defender message - IT administrator has limited access.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender message - IT administrator has limited access.....: When I try to scan a folder in Windows Explorer, using Windows Defender, I get the following message "PAGE NOT FOUND IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more...