Windows 10: windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???

Discus and support windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows defender firewall cannot function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryShumard1, May 17, 2024.

1. windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???

windows defender firewall cannot function

:)

GaryShumard1, May 17, 2024

2. Norton 360 Firewall Instructions

So, just to make sure, you have disabled the Norton and it connects OK, e.g. the firewall is the problem? I would say that the settings for the Norton Personal Firewall would be the same for 360 since same manufacturer. You should be able to input the same
    info in 360 somewhere. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the software so can't give step by step instructions. I guess you could wait for someone to respond that has experience with 360 or go to a Norton forum.

Resourceful, May 17, 2024
  3. Alan B Win User
    Windows Defender vs Norton 360

Norton 360 includes a back-up facility. Windows 10 provides a back-up facility although it isn't part of Defender.

Norton 360 includes a firewall. Windows 10 provides a firewall although it isn't part of Defender.

Norton 360 includes protection against malware. Defender provides protection against malware.

Alan B, May 17, 2024
  4. windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???

Norton 360 Firewall Instructions

Dear Friends,

I am using ActiveSync 4.5 and cannot connect through my firewall...The "How To's" cover the Nortons Personal Firewall fix but not the 360 and I would greatly appreciate any help that can be given to me...

Have a great weekend and look forward to hearing from you...

Jaime

Jaime Drury, May 17, 2024
Thema:

windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???

1. windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ??? - Similar Threads - defender firewall function

2. windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???: windows defender firewall cannot function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-will-not-function-norton/d9a0a083-1db4-4d89-a501-179b4893247a
  3. windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender firewall will not function---Norton 360 firewall is not recognized ???: windows defender firewall cannot function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-will-not-function-norton/d9a0a083-1db4-4d89-a501-179b4893247a
  4. Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.: Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now but PC has not been right since the first of the year so I'm thinking of uninstalling it....
  5. Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Firewall: Got an email saying my Defender Firewall subscription was auto renewed for $199.99. I don't have a subscription and how was I charged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-firewall/a4c2b7e0-2e4c-4800-aec0-1c69d0b0fed6
  6. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  7. Nortons Firewall Prevented Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nortons Firewall Prevented Access: About a month ago I finally set up a sharing network between my two PC's. My old computer has Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), and my new one is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit). Everything was working perfectly, and just last night, I was not able to access the shared...
  8. defender firewall

defender firewall: I cannot temporarily turn off the firewall. The page that is shown has a button to turn it off but ignores any clicking of the button and does not allow it to be turned off. This is crappy and has me completely stonewalled!!!...
  9. norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

norton firewall not turned on. should it be?: no active firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-firewall-not-turned-on-should-it-be/fa8649bc-980f-4c0b-a22a-b4c3124ee68b
  10. Defender Firewall

Defender Firewall: Is it possible to turn off Windows Defender virus scan but KEEP Defender Firewall? If so how. Thanx McM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-firewall/a6fb611b-30bc-45c5-a397-da055b86cc53"