Windows 10: Windows crashes randomly and is unable to create dump file

Discus and support Windows crashes randomly and is unable to create dump file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop is an HP ENVY - 15-as105nl, i bought it in 2017. My Windows version is 1903 (build SO 18362.476). About last week, I was using the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by loreganz, Nov 27, 2019.

1. loreganz Win User

Windows crashes randomly and is unable to create dump file

Hello,
    My laptop is an HP ENVY - 15-as105nl, i bought it in 2017.
    My Windows version is 1903 (build SO 18362.476).

About last week, I was using the PC for school, when I first noticed a sudden slowdown in performance, until it stopped for a couple of seconds and then the blue screen appeared with code: CRITICAL_PROCSS_DIED.

From that moment the same thing is repeated often every time I use the PC.

I tried to enable the writing of the dump file, but the file is not created and from "Event Viewer" an error is shown:
    "volmgr 161, Creation of the dump file failed due to an error while creating the dump. "

A further problem began to occur practically from the same day.

When I turn on the computer, a black screen is displayed with the words:
    "Boot device not found
    Please install an operating system on your hard disk
    Hard disk (3F0)
    F2 System disgnostics."

If I go to the boot menu, no media is shown.
    My current solution is to start the bios and wait a few minutes.
    Then, without making changes, if I save and go out, the computer starts normally.
    To eventually crash a few minutes later for a BSOD.

I don't know if the two problems are related but they started to occur on the same day without me doing anything in particular that I remember.

I have already talked to a technician through the Hp forum.
    This person recommended this procedure to me:
    1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
    2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
    3. Perform System Test> Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.

Unfortunately the problem has not been solved.

I also tried performing an OS restore from windows settings, keeping the files.
    This didn't work either.

Here's the Log collector results: LGPC-(2019-11-27_18-44-37).zip - Google Drive

Thanks for the help.

:)

loreganz, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User
    Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

The rebooting issue I am suffering does not generate a blue screen or dump files. After doing some research, it was recommended that I try running Windows' driver reviewer to stress the drivers and potentially generate BSODs to gain some insight into what could be causing the aforementioned reboots. Once I began running reviewer, that is when I was able to create blue screens and the dump files that I attached to this post. Hopefully, they are pointing me in the right direction; however, I am a bit skeptical. Since I cannot seem to cause a reboot using cpu, ram, or gpu stress tests, I find it very difficult to pinpoint whether my problem is with hardware or software. I hope your suggestion to uninstall Panda fixes the problem, but only time will tell.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows crashes randomly and is unable to create dump file - Similar Threads - crashes randomly unable

2. Random BSOD crashes, no dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD crashes, no dump files: Hi, I've been having random crashes lately, they happen while I'm just browsing, opening Steam, I can't even open a game it crashes at the start. I've been running "BurnInTest" and it crahes on the first 10 seconds.. The BSoD is to quick to see which is the error. I've taken...
  3. Random BSOD crashes, no dump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD crashes, no dump files: Hi, I've been having random crashes lately, they happen while I'm just browsing, opening Steam, I can't even open a game it crashes at the start. I've been running "BurnInTest" and it crahes on the first 10 seconds.. The BSoD is to quick to see which is the error. I've taken...
  4. Random BSOD crashes, no dump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump Files Assitance - PC Crashing At Random: Good afternoon,My friend's PC is crashing at random and this is his dmp file from his last crash. I believe its the same issue everytime.We have replaced his PSU.Any idea what is causing this crash. Thanks!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.2428 AMD64 Copyright c...
  6. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  7. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created: I've been having an issue with my computer for a few months now where it will randomly hang but the mouse can still move and certain things continue. For example, I'm watching a twitch stream and the video will freeze with the loading circle but chat will continue. If I try...
  8. Computer randomly hangs with no BSOD or dump file created

9. Why my windows not creating crash dump files?

Why my windows not creating crash dump files?: Hi,I have been getting BSoD and not able to see any memory.dmp / minidumps files in windows folder.Everytime windows crashed/shutdown unexpectedly,it should create a dump file file but that's not happening.I can see errors in event viewer whenever this happens.please refer...
  10. Random reboots with no dump file created

Random reboots with no dump file created: The problem is my computer randomly reboots out of nowhere. It happens both while gaming and while mostly idle. The frequency is around once a day or two. It began around a week ago when I switched from HDD to SDD and performed a clean Windows install. I don't know if it's...