Windows 10: Windows crashes and resets on pin entry

Discus and support Windows crashes and resets on pin entry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I had an issue where my Windows 10 desktop crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. The crash happens upon the login screen. Not when it appears,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DominicEgan, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Windows crashes and resets on pin entry

Recently I had an issue where my Windows 10 desktop crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. The crash happens upon the login screen. Not when it appears, but when I hit enter to enter in my PIN.I can log in via safe mode, but since my last update was too long ago, cannot system restore. Repair fails, and trying to use a USB drive to reinstall/upgrade appeared to allow it, but today it crashed again having installed updates yesterday

:)

DominicEgan, Sep 24, 2023

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Sep 24, 2023
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 24, 2023
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows crashes and resets on pin entry

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 24, 2023
Thema:

Windows crashes and resets on pin entry

1. Windows crashes and resets on pin entry - Similar Threads - crashes resets pin

2. PIN box not allowing any entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN box not allowing any entry: I turned on my computer and tried to enter my PIN but nothing showed up in the PIN box. I tied shutting down and back up again but that didn't work either. I don't remember if I changed any settings when I was last on the computer? Now what should I do....
  3. Windows crashes and resets on pin entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes and resets on pin entry: Recently I had an issue where my Windows 10 desktop crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. The crash happens upon the login screen. Not when it appears, but when I hit enter to enter in my PIN.I can log in via safe mode, but since my last update was too long ago, cannot system...
  4. Windows crashes and resets on pin entry

Windows crashes and resets on pin entry: Recently I had an issue where my Windows 10 desktop crashed and got stuck in a boot loop. The crash happens upon the login screen. Not when it appears, but when I hit enter to enter in my PIN.I can log in via safe mode, but since my last update was too long ago, cannot system...
  5. Windows 11: PIN entry issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: PIN entry issue: Good Evening:Quick and crazy question...I have a new DELL XPS computer Windows 11; Intel I7, 12th gen; 16 GB RAM; new Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse. The computer has updated Windows 11 installed. The only issue I notice is this: When Windows 11 starts, I am asked to enter...
  6. Windows 11: PIN entry issue

Windows 11: PIN entry issue: Good Evening:Quick and crazy question...I have a new DELL XPS computer Windows 11; Intel I7, 12th gen; 16 GB RAM; new Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse. The computer has updated Windows 11 installed. The only issue I notice is this: When Windows 11 starts, I am asked to enter...
  7. Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Failed PIN entry not being allowed--asks to reset PIN or use password: I'm on Windows 10 version 1903. I have PIN entry enabled. However, I've found that after a recent update (or might have been further back), if I initially make a mistake entering my PIN when coming out of Sleep mode, Windows does not prompt me to retry. Instead I get some...
  8. PIN entry window at welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN entry window at welcome screen: My PIN entry window has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-entry-window-at-welcome-screen/88be7a9d-7ef2-4089-aa62-b648ebc8ea12
  9. Number Pad missing on PIN Entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Pad missing on PIN Entry: I have a desktop pc. Until recently when powering up, the PIN entry field would show up. As soon as I would double tap on the field the number keypad would appear on the screen so that I could use my touch enabled monitor to enter the pin. Suddenly, this no longer...
  10. PIN entry screen not displayed on boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN entry screen not displayed on boot: Hi all My PC has developed an annoying issue over the last week. When I boot the PC I get the normal desktop screen with the date and time correctly shown. If I then hit a key to move to the PIN entry screen, the time and date are removed but the PIN entry box is not...