Windows 10: Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day !

Discus and support Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day ! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This Windows Configuration Update is re-installed every day.This BUG is affecting many users.=>MicroSoft MUST fix this problem.Check your Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cap Nemo, Jun 19, 2024.

1. cap Nemo Win User

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day !

This Windows Configuration Update is re-installed every day.This BUG is affecting many users.=>MicroSoft MUST fix this problem.Check your Update history, as you may be in this situation and this problem affects your system every day:Windows Update -> Update history -> Other UpdatesFor me : Windows 11 Pro 23H2 OS build 22631.3737

:)

cap Nemo, Jun 19, 2024

2. Windows update KB5035942 installs every day

Thanks for your suggestions. I had previously tried the Troubleshooter and SFC & DISM steps. I read about Microsoft update KB5036567, which claims to fix issues related to KB5035942. I downloaded it from the Microsoft Catalog, and used the command dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"CAB location" to install the update. The dism ran very quickly and indicated success. I restarted my PC but do not see KB5036567 in the update history list. So I'm not sure if I really installed the update, especially given how quickly the dism ran.

lynn saunders, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Windows update KB5035942 installs every day

Windows update KB5035942 was successfully installed on my Windows 11 PC as a Quality Update on Mar 27, 2024. Sometime after that I began seeing it recorded as successfully installed as Other Updates, and it appears to be successfully installed as Other Update every day. Sometimes my PC crashes during the night (black screen of death, requiring a hard start to use the PC), but not always.

lynn saunders, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day !

Windows Configuration Update (KB5035942) successfully installed and seems to be re-installing and re-booting my PC every day around the same time???

I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted on it’s own. I kind of overlooked it at the time, like maybe the power blipped (even though it didn’t). So another day passed and it did the same thing. I was puzzled and thought I’ll look at the update history and see if anything downloaded and installed on that same day. Sure enough it showed Windows Configuration Update (KB5035942) had successfully installed. I thought well that's still strange but because my machine is setup to only do Update ‘restarts’ between midnight and 6:00 a.m.

So I’m not really sure if this has done this every day, but I know for sure it has done it at least 2 to 3 days in a row. Here’s the deal. The first time I saw this Update it had one date by it. The next it re-started on it’s own, I checked again and the same KB5035942 showed up with the current day’s date. Same thing today. I went off about my business doing other things and came back and sure enough it has rebooted while I was away from the screen. Checked it again...same “Update (KB5035942) had successfully installed”, but showed today’s date of 4/10/2024. I don’t know what the heck is going on or why this is happening. My machine is a pretty powerful business class machine 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 3.20 GHz running with 64 gig of RAM. This only started with this one so called ‘Configuration Update’ which I have never seen before and it’s not like it is saying it failed to install. It clearly shows ‘Successfully Installed’ and yet seems to be re-installing over itself everyday. This is getting ridiculously frustrating. I had 4 other updates done yesterday...being KB5036893, KB5036620, KB5037336, and KB890830 which was Tuesday, April 9th all installed successfully. So I thought well maybe that will fix it, but no. A few hours ago it re-booted itself again while I was away from the screen so I don’t have any opportunity to view it when it happens. So today is April 10thand I look at my update history and it shows the 4 that were installed yesterday, but it shows this same Windows Configuration Update (KB5035942) dated April 10thth

Larry_B1239, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day !

1. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day ! - Similar Threads - Configuration Update KB5035942

2. Issue after "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue after "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942": After the update "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942", my keyboard is not working properly, specially the function keys. I am not able to Lock or Unlock the Function Keys. Even, the Sensor is also not working when I lift the screen from the laptop and every time, I have...
  3. Issue after "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue after "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942": After the update "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942", my keyboard is not working properly, specially the function keys. I am not able to Lock or Unlock the Function Keys. Even, the Sensor is also not working when I lift the screen from the laptop and every time, I have...
  4. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day !

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 Successfully installed on … every day !: This Windows Configuration Update is re-installed every day.This BUG is affecting many users.=>MicroSoft MUST fix this problem.Check your Update history, as you may be in this situation and this problem affects your system every day:Windows Update -> Update history -> Other...
  5. Why am I seeing and overnight update to "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942" every night?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing and overnight update to "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942" every night?: I am askingWhy am I seeing and overnight update to "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942" every night?There is no reboot overnight.I am asking this because there may be a correlation with these updates on I problem I am trying solve. This is described in my update within my...
  6. Why am I seeing and overnight update to "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942" every night?

Why am I seeing and overnight update to "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942" every night?: I am askingWhy am I seeing and overnight update to "Windows Configuration Update KB5035942" every night?There is no reboot overnight.I am asking this because there may be a correlation with these updates on I problem I am trying solve. This is described in my update within my...
  7. Windows update KB5035942 installs every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update KB5035942 installs every day: Windows update KB5035942 was successfully installed on my Windows 11 PC as a Quality Update on Mar 27, 2024. Sometime after that I began seeing it recorded as successfully installed as Other Updates, and it appears to be successfully installed as Other Update every day....
  8. Windows update KB5035942 installs every day

Windows update KB5035942 installs every day: Windows update KB5035942 was successfully installed on my Windows 11 PC as a Quality Update on Mar 27, 2024. Sometime after that I began seeing it recorded as successfully installed as Other Updates, and it appears to be successfully installed as Other Update every day....
  9. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  10. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...