Windows 10: 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup

Discus and support 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my mid-2009 MacBook Pro, but every time setup is nearly complete, i get this error saying 'Windows can't update the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Frederick073, Jul 29, 2024.

1. 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my mid-2009 MacBook Pro, but every time setup is nearly complete, i get this error saying 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' and every time i try to restart setup, it just says something along the lines of 'an unexpected error occured, setup must restart to continue' and then restarts indefinetely. There is no Mac OS X or recovery partition on the HD, just a personal copy of Windows 7 for web browsing and mediaI'm trying to install another 7 for work. I've already installed windows successfully more than once on here so I don't know what's happen

:)

Frederick073, Jul 29, 2024

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Jul 29, 2024
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 29, 2024
Thema:

'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup

1. 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup - Similar Threads - 'Windows can't update

2. 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Windows can't update the boot configuration' error in setup: I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my mid-2009 MacBook Pro, but every time setup is nearly complete, i get this error saying 'Windows can't update the boot configuration' and every time i try to restart setup, it just says something along the lines of 'an unexpected error...
  3. Windows could not update boot configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not update boot configuration: it is a lenovo m14l-256, that was previously running windows normally.Im trying to install windows 10 on a pc, the disk is clean, it doesnt have anything in it.i already tried another disk, and it does the same issue.i tried using my primary computer, and i was able to...
  4. Windows could not update boot configuration

Windows could not update boot configuration: it is a lenovo m14l-256, that was previously running windows normally.Im trying to install windows 10 on a pc, the disk is clean, it doesnt have anything in it.i already tried another disk, and it does the same issue.i tried using my primary computer, and i was able to...
  5. Windows Setup Configuration

Windows Setup Configuration: Hi all,I have been working on creating a customised windows 11 setup media at work - to save time imaging and getting the computers on to InTune. To that end, I have already done several customisations but the one that eludes me is to trigger a batch file/cmd script to load...
  6. Windows Setup Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup Configuration: Hi all,I have been working on creating a customised windows 11 setup media at work - to save time imaging and getting the computers on to InTune. To that end, I have already done several customisations but the one that eludes me is to trigger a batch file/cmd script to load...
  7. Windows setup - configuration issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup - configuration issue: We recently purchased a Thinkpad P14s laptop from Lenovo outlet.lenovo.com. It is supposed to be a new laptop as confirmed by Lenovo support, but it seems to be tied to a company who may have ordered it from Lenovo but cancelled later. I'm not really sure what occurred, and...
  8. Windows setup - configuration issue

Windows setup - configuration issue: We recently purchased a Thinkpad P14s laptop from Lenovo outlet.lenovo.com. It is supposed to be a new laptop as confirmed by Lenovo support, but it seems to be tied to a company who may have ordered it from Lenovo but cancelled later. I'm not really sure what occurred, and...
  9. Boot configuration errors - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot configuration errors - Windows 10: Hi guys, I started getting these blue screens and it appears something in my boot configuration is corrupted, but I didn't do anything recently so I am not sure what could go wrong there. When I select "Continue" system starts normally, but I keep getting more errors so I...
  10. Boot Configuration Data Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...