Windows 10: Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder

Discus and support Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - From File Explorer, I cannot open any file on my computer. The error always says: Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder\... In File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregFM, Jun 10, 2020.

1. GregFM Win User

Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder

Hi -

From File Explorer, I cannot open any file on my computer. The error always says: Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder\...

In File Explorer, everything shows up OK. But I have tried to open files in the Documents folder and the Music folder; always getting the same error message.

All of the other help I can find talks about not finding the "App Data"; however, "App Data" does not show up in the error message. The message has the path and file name of the specific file I'm trying to open.

:)

GregFM, Jun 10, 2020

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 10, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

4. Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder

Changing name of User-folder in C:

Hi Kelly,

When you create a new user account in windows 10, it will not give you the option to pick the name of the folder, instead a new folder will be created automatically in
    C:\Users\(user-name)" folder's name.

Now you just have to copy all of the contents of your old user accounts "C:\Users\(user-name)" user folders into the corresponding new account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" user folders.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder

1. Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder - Similar Threads - cannot find UserUser

2. Windows cannot find C Program -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find C Program -...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-c-program/8f713d7e-2719-4a6f-9f0c-778ecaa926b3Hello, I have a user with the same issue: uninstalling HP Command does not solve the problem. In my case, I uninstalled the myHP software from the device...
  3. windows cannot find c:\Program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find c:\Program...: hello everyone, Recently on opening the system, I am receiving daily this message : windows cannot find "wdadesktopservice.exe". I have tried some suggestions like :- DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth- DISM /Online...
  4. windows cannot find c:\Program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cannot find c:\Program...: hello everyone, Recently on opening the system, I am receiving daily this message : windows cannot find "wdadesktopservice.exe". I have tried some suggestions like :- DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth- DISM /Online...
  5. Windows cannot find C Program -...

Windows cannot find C Program -...: Whenever i start my laptop Windows 10 - HP Envy, i get the attached error - Windows cannot find C Progrram - Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_6.55219.341.0x64_v10z8vag_DesktopExtension.exe' Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again....
  6. Windows cannot find C:\ Program

Windows cannot find C:\ Program: I have formatted my laptop, still my windows keeps on displaying; Windows cannot find C:\ Program Files\ WindowsApps\ ad2f1837.hpsystemeventutility_1.2. 15.0_x64__v10z8vjag6...\SysInfoEx.exe'. Make sure to type name correctly and try again.What should I do?...
  7. windows cannot find 'C:\program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find 'C:\program: Windows cannot find 'C:\program after I sign in to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram/5d61481e-944c-4915-b971-f3ed0d801b59
  8. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find 'C:\Program...: When starting my computer I get the following error. I have been unable to uninstall or delete the corresponding file to re-install. Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.3370.0_x64__8j3eq9e...\IGCCTray.exe'. Make sure you typed...
  9. windows cannot find c:/program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows cannot find c:/program: As I logged into my pc this popup showed can anyone explain this please . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram/dfe5d30b-59d2-4b61-9962-57975954d0e8
  10. Windows cannot find 'C"/Users...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot find 'C"/Users...: Windows cannot find 'C"/Users /Dickson/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/swgrsjvgj/egdtcthe.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again This is the message that popped up the first time my pc boot up when I reset my pc after being attacked by some kind of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot find c /users

2. How to fix window cannot find c:\user window 7

3. how to fix window cannot find C:\user in win 7

4. window cannot find c:\user,
  5. WINDOWS CANNOT FIND C:\USERS,
  6. Windows cannot find c:Users username desktop,
  7. windows cannot find,
  8. fix windows cannot find c/user...,
  9. how to solve windows cannot find C:\users on win 10,
  10. how to solve windows cannot find C:\users,
  11. c:/user/user,
  12. How to stop windows cannot find c: \user\folder from displaying durin start up