Windows 10: Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

Discus and support Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I think I have corrupted all my files.Recently I tried transferring over all my files to a new windows profile because I wanted to change my user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dvllspit, Jul 7, 2024.

1. dvllspit Win User

Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

I think I have corrupted all my files.Recently I tried transferring over all my files to a new windows profile because I wanted to change my user folder name, I deleted the old account and moved the email to this user account, I didn't back up anything regret and now I cannot open any of the files which are not on my desktop see image belowwindows 11What I have done:- resarted my device- changed all the sharing options to enable my account do be able to view the files- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and the other line which I have forgotten- scf/scannow command doesn't work whe

:)

dvllspit, Jul 7, 2024
  2. Rosalindd Win User

Windows cannot find 'C:\users (insert file directory)' make sure you've typed the name correctly.

Since the latest Windows 10 update I've been unable to open anything in 'my pictures' folder with a double click. I get the following error message every time I attempt to open a picture file or video file: Windows cannot find 'C:\users (insert file
    directory
    )' make sure you've typed the name correctly.

• I've looked at my folder's options and 'quick access' is not set.
    • I can open the files by right clicking and selecting 'open with'.
    • I've found no issues after running 'sfc /scannow'.

Please help!

Thanks.

Rosalindd, Jul 7, 2024
  3. Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

hi, when i wanna uninstall an app from my pc, i receive an error that says: " Windows cannot find [file-name].exe make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again "; and app that i said , is showing in my installed-app list; what can i do?

Zahra Pazoki, Jul 7, 2024
  4. Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

windows cannot find Make sure you typed the name correctly. and then try again

Thanks for the respond

The exact error message is actually similiar for each app. The different only on the Path. For example

- when I tried to open task manager => Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

- The other app, for example, the NVIDIA GeForce experience => Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA GeForce.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

This happens in every app when I tried to open it as Administrator

The idea is my laptop couldn't find the '.exe'. file but the files were there in the directory.

Here's my PC detail

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.2007

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I've done the startup troubleshooting as it mentions above, but it said it couldn't repair the pc.

FadhilMusyaffa, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

1. Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again - Similar Threads - cannot find sure

2. solved: Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solved: Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again: I think I have corrupted all my files.Recently I tried transferring over all my files to a new windows profile because I wanted to change my user folder name, I deleted the old account and moved the email to this user account, I didn't back up anything regret and now I cannot...
  3. solved: Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    solved: Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again: I think I have corrupted all my files.Recently I tried transferring over all my files to a new windows profile because I wanted to change my user folder name, I deleted the old account and moved the email to this user account, I didn't back up anything regret and now I cannot...
  4. Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find C:\ Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again: I think I have corrupted all my files.Recently I tried transferring over all my files to a new windows profile because I wanted to change my user folder name, I deleted the old account and moved the email to this user account, I didn't back up anything regret and now I cannot...
  5. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this pop up appears every time when i try to open instagram, facebook and X downloaded from microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/9d2aa550-826b-4bd7-bef0-3a4da4b23b91
  6. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: this pop up appears every time when i try to open instagram, facebook and X downloaded from microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-the-name/9d2aa550-826b-4bd7-bef0-3a4da4b23b91
  7. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  8. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  9. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...
  10. windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I opened bat, and the Windows cannot find, make sure that you entered the name correctly, and then try again. I didn't find any guides for Windows 8.1, please help...