Windows 10: Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31

Discus and support Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When gaming I get alot of Fps issues and such things.I have a laptop so it's extra challenging when having such problems.I have looked thru other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yanis Zellum, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31

When gaming I get alot of Fps issues and such things.I have a laptop so it's extra challenging when having such problems.I have looked thru other peoples same problem and I have tried everything.I even tried installing CPU updates but the last some days they have been acting up and it only gave me errors about all the installs.I have these problems since years and only now I figuered out why I have those problems.I also have errors when i let my laptop scan from the Intel driver and support site.

:)

Yanis Zellum, Jul 18, 2024

2. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter not working properly (error code 31)

I've been getting "graphics device driver error code 31", but when i try to update my drivers both on my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080) and on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter it says the latest drivers are already downloaded. When I then try to choose manually from the computer it fails.

I've tried:

• Updating my GPU drivers
    • Updating the Microsoft Basic Display Adapters drivers (both manually and automatically)
    • Checked for updates on Windows Update
    • Inactivated and re-activated the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    • Uninstalling the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and restarting my PC

I don't know what else I can do

Help would be greatly appreciated

Adrian

Adrian_1522, Jul 18, 2024
  3. IM Oss Win User
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31

Lately I’ve been experiencing constant crashes after every 20~ minutes of gaming, at first I thought it was the new Nvidia gpu update then I tried the older versions and i still kept crashing, and I noticed an exclamation mark next to my Microsoft basic display adapter in the device manager, my first question, is this the problem causing my crashes? If so please how do i fix it because every time i try updating the basic adapter i get the 31 error code and the issue still remains

I would appreciate a step by step solution and thank you

My PC specs:

Nvidia GeForce 3060 Ti

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core processor

16 GB RAM

Motherboard Asrock X670

SSD 1TB M.2

Windows 10 PRO

IM Oss, Jul 18, 2024
  4. Javypr Win User

Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31

Javypr, Jul 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31

1. Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31 - Similar Threads - Basic Adapter going

2. Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Basic Adapter going into error 31: When gaming I get alot of Fps issues and such things.I have a laptop so it's extra challenging when having such problems.I have looked thru other peoples same problem and I have tried everything.I even tried installing CPU updates but the last some days they have been acting...
  3. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  4. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31

Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31: I'm trying to fix an issue with my driver's. I've uninstalled my other driver's and now am left with two Microsoft basic display adapters in device manager. One has the yellow warning icon and in properties it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31: I'm trying to fix an issue with my driver's. I've uninstalled my other driver's and now am left with two Microsoft basic display adapters in device manager. One has the yellow warning icon and in properties it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot...
  7. Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. microsoft basic display adapter error 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter error 31: so i recently installed the new nvidia driver and since then valorant and other games seem to crash then looked at this in device manager, says error code 31 i have tried to update drivers, change them, try using amd software since i have a ryzen cpu, tryed updating diretx,...
  9. microsoft basic display adapter error 31

microsoft basic display adapter error 31: so i recently installed the new nvidia driver and since then valorant and other games seem to crash then looked at this in device manager, says error code 31 i have tried to update drivers, change them, try using amd software since i have a ryzen cpu, tryed updating diretx,...
  10. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31: Lately I’ve been experiencing constant crashes after every 20~ minutes of gaming, at first I thought it was the new Nvidia gpu update then I tried the older versions and i still kept crashing, and I noticed an exclamation mark next to my Microsoft basic display adapter in the...