Windows 10: Windows backup restoring empty folders

Discus and support Windows backup restoring empty folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aceracer21, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Windows backup restoring empty folders

Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months on my PC. The size of the backup is over 1.7 TB. However, upon completion of the restore operation, only 28 GB of files are available and there are mainly empty folders in my music and photos folders. The only troubleshooting operation I have done is to ensure I have administrator access to the file. This did not have any effect on the number of files restored.I'm at a loss on how to recover my files so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Aceracer21, Apr 19, 2023
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Having trouble restoring from a windows 10 backup to a new computer

Hi Tim,

You can restore files from a backup from another computer by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Control Panel >
      System and Maintenance > Backup and Restore.
    • Choose Select another backup to restore files from, and then follow the steps in the wizard. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

This files will be restored in a folder having the "Username" of the one who created the file. To find the restored files:

• Select the Start button, then select Computer.
    • Double-click the icon of the drive that the files are saved on, for example
      C:\.
    • Double-click the Users folder. You will see a folder for each user account.
    • Double-click the folder for the user name that was used to create the backup. The restored files will be in the various folders based on where they were located originally.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Apr 19, 2023
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    backup and restore

Hi,

With regard to your concern, it is possible that Windows 10 is not able to overwrite the old image backup. We suggest that you rename the
    WindowsImageBackup folder to WindowsImageBackup.bak and then try running the back and restore again.

Let us know how it goes after after performing the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 19, 2023
  4. Windows backup restoring empty folders

Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Apr 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows backup restoring empty folders

1. Windows backup restoring empty folders - Similar Threads - backup restoring empty

2. Windows backup restoring empty folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup restoring empty folders: Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months on my PC. The size of the backup is over 1.7 TB. However, upon completion of the restore operation, only 28 GB of files are...
  3. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  4. Windows Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup and Restore: When I attempt to backup my PC using Windows Backup and Restore, the backup fails almost immediately. The message window states: Check your backup. A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information. Details: The...
  5. Windows backup restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup restore: Hi! I made a backup of laptop on my external hard drive before replacing the internal hard drive. Now that I've reinstalled Windows on the new drive, I want to restore the backup. Unfortunately, the Backup and Restore in the Control Panel won't recognize that I have a...
  6. Help required restoring folders from a Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help required restoring folders from a Backup: Hi! Can anyone tell me the name of the folder where my Live Mail contacts are stored? I've lost them & I'm hoping to restore them from a Backup Image file Thanks 43262
  7. Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folders on Start List in Windows 10 The Start menu in Windows 10 has a Start list that you can choose which folders appear on Start in the list. You can add or remove the File...
  8. Backup and Restore Permissions of File, Folder, or Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Permissions of File, Folder, or Drive in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Permissions of File, Folder, or Drive in Windows How to Backup and Restore Permissions of Files, Folders, or Drives in Windows On ReFS volumes, you can set security permissions on files and folders. These permissions grant or deny access to...
  9. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...
  10. Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10: "This folder is empty" message displayed by Microsoft OneDrive although the folder has thousands of subfolder with over 20 000 files! This error has been since Windows 10 OneDrive was introduced. 54515