Windows 10: Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

Discus and support Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a question about the supposedly standard built-in usergroup Authenticated Users. This group should hold any user that has logged into the device... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dennis vdH, Jun 28, 2024.

1. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

I have a question about the supposedly standard built-in usergroup Authenticated Users. This group should hold any user that has logged into the device with a password/with validation. I'm trying to run a CMD script icacls "folder URL" /grant "Authenticated Users":OICIM to grant permissions to this usergroup for a specific file structure. We're running English Windows 10/11 and have no issues with the script. When a folder is added and the script was run, the usergroup with correct rights pops up isn't there when creating the folder. However, when running the same script as administra

:)

Dennis vdH, Jun 28, 2024
  2. Goatberg Win User

NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users added to Users group upon every restart

I have a Windows 10 computer that I would only like certain users on a domain to be able to login to. Lets say limit access to only those users in the group named football.

I have added the football group to the Windows users group. The computer is on a domain and I noticed the following two groups both of which I removed from the Windows users group.

• NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
    • NT AUTHORITY\Interactive
    I have tested that NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users is allowing users outside of the football group to login to the computer and this is not wanted.

If I remove both of these groups from the Windows users group then they will reappear upon every restart of the computer. This did not have with Windows 7. This seems to be a security problem???

Goatberg, Jun 28, 2024
  3. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Jun 28, 2024
  4. Thelps Win User

Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or folder?

Specifically, the long list of names made available when you click Find Now. Such as 'Administrators', 'Creator Owner', 'authenticated authority asserted identity' etc.

What is the purpose of these names/groups? Is there a way to reduce the number of these by pruning unused/unwanted groups? Are there options to edit the members of these groups etc?

The more detail and depth people can go into on this the better.

Much appreciated.

Thelps, Jun 28, 2024
Thema:

Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

1. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS - Similar Threads - Authenticated Users security

2. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS: I have a question about the supposedly standard built-in usergroup Authenticated Users. This group should hold any user that has logged into the device with a password/with validation. I'm trying to run a CMD script icacls "folder URL" /grant "Authenticated Users":OICIM to...
  3. Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "Authenticated Users" security group non-english OS: I have a question about the supposedly standard built-in usergroup Authenticated Users. This group should hold any user that has logged into the device with a password/with validation. I'm trying to run a CMD script icacls "folder URL" /grant "Authenticated Users":OICIM to...
  4. Why don't English subtitles work on non English scenes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't English subtitles work on non English scenes?: When streaming movies in Movies and TV, certain movies with multiple languages don't display subtitles for non-English dialogue. For example, in Kill Bill Vol. 1, none of the Japanese dialogue has subtitles. Considering the theatrical movie had subtitles for these scenes, it...
  5. unable to show User Security Groups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to show User Security Groups: HiSome user accounts and test accounts come back with Access Denied when trying to get a list of the User Security Groups:i.e. Gpresult /r in command prompt and whoami /groups both give an Access Denied in the Security Groups sectionHow can I best troublrshoot this?thanks...
  6. Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install English Windows OS over Japanese OS: Hi, This question has appeared before but I want to make sure I'm getting the story straight. I'm going to purchase a PC in Japan with the Japanese Windows 10 OS pre-loaded. I want to load the English Windows 10 OS, but I want to use Japanese on the machine i.e. install...
  7. how to uncheck this "warn if changing between secure and non secure mode" in Group Policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to uncheck this "warn if changing between secure and non secure mode" in Group Policy: how to uncheck this "warn if changing between secure and non secure mode" in Group Policy so whenever this policy is applied this browser settings have "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode" checked in Internet Options, Advanced tab I am not able to...
  8. Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accessing Security Users/Groups in Win10 Home: Hello, I would like to use this feature as I know it is buried deep inside Windows 10 Home Edition but when I launch the lusrmgr.msc control panel it tells me that the snapin cannot be used with this version of Windows and to use the User Accounts CP. I can see that the...
  9. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group: Hi, Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell. Platform: Windows 10 Machine is in Domain. While trying to add, we needed to change Scope to Local Machine for Authenticated Users...
  10. Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?: Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or...