Windows 10: Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

Discus and support Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luiz Georg, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to manually add it to then remove it.I am using English United States, Portuguese Brazil, Japanese as Preferred Languages. Only English United States has a keyboard installed under Language Options. It is basically the same as this issue, but the solutions there seem either outdated, or somewhat overly complex for w

:)

Luiz Georg, Jun 30, 2023
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. dabour Win User
    Keyboard Layout

That is correct, and I need to learn how to do this now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using US QWERTY because this is my Windows language.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I'm looking for:

US English Table for IBM Arabic 238_L - Keyboard Layout Info (kbdlayout.info)

I do not know how to install this, any advise will be appreciated.

dabour, Jun 30, 2023
  4. dabour Win User

Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

Keyboard Layout

I followed these steps but I can not find this particular keyboard.

dabour, Jun 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

1. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested - Similar Threads - adds keyboard keyboard

2. Windows automatically adding en-US keyboard layout FIX

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows automatically adding en-US keyboard layout FIX: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/trun4r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cjj8rt/windows_automatically_adding_enus_keyboard_layout/
  3. EN-US Keyboard layout keeps appearing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EN-US Keyboard layout keeps appearing in Windows 11: Hi, I recently run into this problem.In windows 11 it keeps automatically adding the EN-US layout even if it isn't in settings-> Time & lasnguage -> Language & region.Does somebody have solution for this BUG?Thank you-- Petr Jankovič...
  4. EN-US Keyboard layout keeps appearing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EN-US Keyboard layout keeps appearing in Windows 11: Hi, I recently run into this problem.In windows 11 it keeps automatically adding the EN-US layout even if it isn't in settings-> Time & lasnguage -> Language & region.Does somebody have solution for this BUG?Thank you-- Petr Jankovič...
  5. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  6. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  7. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  8. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  10. If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout: I run Windows 10 with de-DE as default language settings. For IT tasks like administration and programming I also use en-US INTL as keymap. So I install en-US language via Windows 10 setting and change keymap to en-us intl. Looks good but after reboot I also have en-UK...