Windows 10: Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC

Discus and support Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 won’t install from usbI had some issues with my pc that started as me not being able to open 1 steam game and turned into an issue where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NickFarrar, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC

Windows 11 won’t install from usbI had some issues with my pc that started as me not being able to open 1 steam game and turned into an issue where I am at the point where I can’t even open steam, my start menu is frozen so I have to force a shutdown every time, and all icons on my pc screen turned into white papers instead of actual logos, as if it were a blank note. After hours of troubleshooting I opted to try and just completely hard reset my pc, and even that didn’t end up working and I was left on the windows screen saying “getting ready… this shouldn’t take long” for many hours, so I wa

:)

NickFarrar, Jul 18, 2024
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 18, 2024
  3. Windows 7 won't install on Velociraptor

You could do with filling out your system specs as no one presently knows what you have *Smile Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC :), you'll find that under the user cp tab.
    no suggestions really except download all the latest drivers for your motherboard and extract them to a usb stick ,afaik that drive is a standard ish hdd and should'nt need any special driver per say but it could be the motherboard driver having an issue, also set the sata / ide controller to AHCI in bios not Ide and not raid unless you are raiding two disks ,in which case the issue list might grow*Smile Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC :)

specs please its hard to suggest anything without them*Big Grin Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC :D

ah i was typin a while , mobo drivers still to me as it should have just worked.

theoneandonlymrk, Jul 18, 2024
  4. Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC

little cat, Jul 18, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC

1. Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC - Similar Threads - won’t install USB

2. Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won’t install from USB drive after having issues with my PC: Windows 11 won’t install from usbI had some issues with my pc that started as me not being able to open 1 steam game and turned into an issue where I am at the point where I can’t even open steam, my start menu is frozen so I have to force a shutdown every time, and all icons...
  3. My PC won’t install Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won’t install Windows 11: I just built a PC and my CPU is AMD Ryzen5560X, I have 32 GB of ram, 2 terabytes of memory and I’ve enabled secure boot and the fTPM. It is still telling me I am unable to install Windows 11....
  4. My PC won’t install Windows 11

My PC won’t install Windows 11: I just built a PC and my CPU is AMD Ryzen5560X, I have 32 GB of ram, 2 terabytes of memory and I’ve enabled secure boot and the fTPM. It is still telling me I am unable to install Windows 11....
  5. Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux: I’m trying to switch back from linux mint to Windows 11, after realizing the Linux world isnt for me. I formatted my USB to FAT32, burned Windows 11 onto my USB Drive, and when trying to install windows, it says it can’t “find any drivers”. It seems i’ve formatted my SSD...
  6. Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux

Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux: I’m trying to switch back from linux mint to Windows 11, after realizing the Linux world isnt for me. I formatted my USB to FAT32, burned Windows 11 onto my USB Drive, and when trying to install windows, it says it can’t “find any drivers”. It seems i’ve formatted my SSD...
  7. USB/Drive Issues After Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB/Drive Issues After Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  8. USB/Drive Issues After Fresh Install of Windows

USB/Drive Issues After Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  9. Windows 10 won’t install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t install from USB: Last night my I go to turn on my pc and get the error code 0xc000000e. So I tried to reinstall Windows 10 using the backup USB drive I have. I go to try and reinstall windows and it is stuck at “Getting files ready for installation 0%”. It’s been stuck at 0 for 2 hours now,...
  10. Having trouble installing windows from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble installing windows from a USB drive: I'm trying to do a clean install on my computer. I plugged in my new SSD and unplugged all my drives from their SATA cables. I installed the media tool to a USB, not problems there. When I plug in the USB and try to boot from it, my computer goes to the MSI motherboard screen...