Windows 10: Windows 11 v22H2 Update is Breaking Network Printing

Discus and support Windows 11 v22H2 Update is Breaking Network Printing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Need help please: Win 11 22H2 feature update is breaking networking printing in our Enterprise. Apparently this feature introduced a new policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jrLugo, Oct 12, 2022.

1. jrLugo Win User

Windows 11 v22H2 Update is Breaking Network Printing

Need help please: Win 11 22H2 feature update is breaking networking printing in our Enterprise. Apparently this feature introduced a new policy "Configure RPC connection settings". Recommended fix is to use gpedit to select "RPC over named pipes". For some, this correct the issue but not for most users. Can you please recommend a permanent fix or put out an update to address this issue?

:)

jrLugo, Oct 12, 2022

2. Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update

Hi DebKapitan,

You stated "Since a recent Windows 11 update I can no longer print to pdf". I assume the recent update you're referring to is v22H2 (released on September 20, 2022.). In that case, you should be able to go back to v21H2 (which is a more stable version IMO)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 12, 2022
  3. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 12, 2022
  4. Dan C--- Win User

KB5010342 Breaks Network Printing (again)

Windows updates continue to cause us issues with network printing (v3 or v4 drivers) - this time KB5010342. After installing the update, we can no longer print to network printers. When trying to add a network printer, we receive a UAC prompt then the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer, operation failed with error 0x0000007c".

Uninstalling the latest KB5010342 update is a temporary solution (such as recommended here: ), but this is getting ridiculous. Anybody else have success printing to network printers with the latest updates installed?

I believe I've tried almost every posted fix and none have helped. To date, I've tested:

• Installed the following registry entries:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Policies\Microsoft\FeatureManagement\Overrides /v 713073804 /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
      • reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint" /v RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
      • reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint" /v UpdatePromptSettings /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
      • reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\PointAndPrint" /v NoWarningNoElevationOnInstall /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
      • reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print" /v
        RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    • Added the following Group Policy rules:
      • Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Printers > Point and Print Restrictions > ENABLED / DO NOT PROMPT for both settings
      • User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Printers > Point and Print Restrictions > Enabled / Show Warning Only
      • Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Devices: Prevent users from installing printer drivers > Disabled
      • Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation > Allow non-administrators to install drivers for these device setup classes > Enabled
        • {4658ee7e-f050-11d1-b6bd-00c04fa372a7}
        • {4d36e979-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Anybody else know of a more permanent fix? Seems like we go through this every other month or so. Thanks in advance!

Dan C---, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 v22H2 Update is Breaking Network Printing - Similar Threads - v22H2 Update Breaking

2. KB5025239 Windows 11 Cumulative Update v22H2 Build22621.1555

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5025239 Windows 11 Cumulative Update v22H2 Build22621.1555: Live in W.U. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5025239-windows-11-cumulative-update-v22h2/a2e6f9b4-0bbc-451d-814e-f2d54824af10
  3. Windows 11 v22H2 Update is Breaking Network Printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 v22H2 Update is Breaking Network Printing: Need help please: Win 11 22H2 feature update is breaking networking printing in our Enterprise. Apparently this feature introduced a new policy "Configure RPC connection settings". Recommended fix is to use gpedit to select "RPC over named pipes". For some, this correct the...
  4. KB5010342 Breaks Network Printing again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5010342 Breaks Network Printing again: Windows updates continue to cause us issues with network printing v3 or v4 drivers - this time KB5010342. After installing the update, we can no longer print to network printers. When trying to add a network printer, we receive a UAC prompt then the error "Windows cannot...
  5. KB5010342 Breaks Network Printing again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5010342 Breaks Network Printing again: Windows updates continue to cause us issues with network printing v3 or v4 drivers - this time KB5010342. After installing the update, we can no longer print to network printers. When trying to add a network printer, we receive a UAC prompt then the error "Windows cannot...
  6. KB5010342 Breaks Network Printing again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows update Breaks Printing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Breaks Printing: We have as of today updated windows 10. We run several computers with Epson L310 printers on them to print images from them. Following the update the printers were unable to print entire images they printed like half of the image. Other printers we had continued to print the...
  8. kb4569751 breaks my network printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    kb4569751 breaks my network printing: With kb4569751 installed, I cannot print to my networked Kyocera M5526cdw; possibly in combination with kb 4565351. Confirmed by uninstalling both which restored functionality. I suppose a change of network/printer settings could resolve it also, but I have no idea where to...
  9. Windows 10 2004 update breaks printing

Windows 10 2004 update breaks printing: Hello, I recently installed the 2004 update. Everything has been working well until today. I tried to print and the job always appears in the print queue and instantly disappears without actually printing anything. I have a Brother MFC-465CN printer. It has worked without...
  10. Fall Creators Update breaks printing to network shares

Fall Creators Update breaks printing to network shares: [ATTACH] In the picture above, RUMCAJS refers to the Windows 10-computer with a freshly installed Fall Creators Update, and AKI is another computer - running Windows 7 - with an HP LaserJet 6L attached to it. You can see that the printer is visible to RUMCAJS, and that I've...