Windows 10: Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice

Discus and support Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On Windows upgrade Health check it advises that the CPU is unsupported only issue, however when I look up the list of supported CPU's the CPU is listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob Langridge, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice

On Windows upgrade Health check it advises that the CPU is unsupported only issue, however when I look up the list of supported CPU's the CPU is listed as supported - it is an Intel Core i5-7300U *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, what can i do to upgrade?

:)

Rob Langridge, Jan 2, 2024

2. Not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to unsupported CPU

Hi Everyone,

I have an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x 8-core CPU. It surpasses all the Windows 11 requirements but My PC health check still shows not able to upgrade due to an unsupported CPU. The PC meets all other requirements

• secure boot
    • TPM2.0 enabled
    • 40GB system RAM
    • 240 GB SSD
    • 8 Core

Please help. Thanks

Shubham Chauhan1, Jan 2, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to unsupported CPU

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Microsoft were testing and adding some more processors, and did add some to the list, they indicate they have now completed testing, and no more processors will be added to the official list.

It is possible to install Windows 11 on an unsupported processor using the Windows 11 ISO, I have Windows 11 installed on an unsupported Core i7 7700HQ processor and Windows 11 runs very smoothly, however Microsoft advise you do not do that, they will not be liable for any problems caused by doing that and also you would not receive Windows 11 updates, however, everyone that has installed Windows 11 on an unsupported processor is still receiving updates.

Microsoft provide the required registry edit on this link to allow you to upgrade to Windows 11.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/way...

DaveM121, Jan 2, 2024
  4. f23948 Win User

Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice

f23948, Jan 2, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice

1. Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice - Similar Threads - Upgrade incorrect unsupported

2. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: Unsupported CPU Error on vCenter VMs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: Unsupported CPU Error on vCenter VMs: We have already installed several Windows 11 VMs in our vCenter environment. However, when attempting to upgrade a Windows 10 VM to Windows 11, we encounter an error stating that the CPU is not supported. This is confusing because the CPU in question, the Intel® Xeon® Gold...
  3. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: Unsupported CPU Error on vCenter VMs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue: Unsupported CPU Error on vCenter VMs: We have already installed several Windows 11 VMs in our vCenter environment. However, when attempting to upgrade a Windows 10 VM to Windows 11, we encounter an error stating that the CPU is not supported. This is confusing because the CPU in question, the Intel® Xeon® Gold...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice

Windows 11 Upgrade - incorrect unsupported CPU advice: On Windows upgrade Health check it advises that the CPU is unsupported only issue, however when I look up the list of supported CPU's the CPU is listed as supported - it is an Intel Core i5-7300U *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, what can i do to upgrade?...
  5. Not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to unsupported CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to unsupported CPU: Hi Everyone,I have an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x 8-core CPU. It surpasses all the Windows 11 requirements but My PC health check still shows not able to upgrade due to an unsupported CPU. The PC meets all other requirements secure bootTPM2.0 enabled 40GB system RAM240 GB...
  6. Not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to unsupported CPU

Not able to upgrade to Windows 11 due to unsupported CPU: Hi Everyone,I have an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x 8-core CPU. It surpasses all the Windows 11 requirements but My PC health check still shows not able to upgrade due to an unsupported CPU. The PC meets all other requirements secure bootTPM2.0 enabled 40GB system RAM240 GB...
  7. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software...
  8. Installing windows on unsupported CPU.

Installing windows on unsupported CPU.: Hello, I am currently using original copy of Windows 10. My pc satisfies all the requirements except the CPU Intel i3 7th Gen. If I install windows 11 using ISO or any other methods will my windows version get pirated ? if yes, is there any alternative to upgrade to windows...
  9. WINDOWS 11 Upgrade - unsupported Intel CPU i5 7500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 Upgrade - unsupported Intel CPU i5 7500: HiI have an HP EliteOne 800 desktop with an Intel i5 7500 CPU.Windows upgrade app says the CPU fitted is incompatible with W11.I have started looking at changing the CPU to say an i7 - one that will accommodate W11 BUT I became lost very quickly!!My mother board is type HP...
  10. WINDOWS 11 Upgrade - unsupported Intel CPU i5 7500

WINDOWS 11 Upgrade - unsupported Intel CPU i5 7500: HiI have an HP EliteOne 800 desktop with an Intel i5 7500 CPU.Windows upgrade app says the CPU fitted is incompatible with W11.I have started looking at changing the CPU to say an i7 - one that will accommodate W11 BUT I became lost very quickly!!My mother board is type HP...