Windows 10: Windows 11 taskbar went blank

Discus and support Windows 11 taskbar went blank in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Restarted the Computer, Dell Inspiron 5500 series with Windows 11. The taskbar went blank. Even the Windows Start button is missing.Also the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by techie786, May 24, 2022.

1. techie786 Win User

Windows 11 taskbar went blank

Restarted the Computer, Dell Inspiron 5500 series with Windows 11. The taskbar went blank. Even the Windows Start button is missing.Also the Windows button on the keyboard doesn't seem to work. When I try to run explorer the search doesn't work.From task manager cntrl+alt+del I can access a limited commands.

:)

techie786, May 24, 2022

2. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 24, 2022
  3. jackin Win User
    How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

Windows 11 taskbar went blank 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, May 24, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 taskbar went blank - Similar Threads - taskbar went blank

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Blank: I now have three people who, after an update have missing Windows taskbar's. Actually I should say that their taskbar is a light gray with no icon's. They do get the little carrot menu showing some running background programs but also right clicking on the desktop doesnt...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Blank: I now have three people who, after an update have missing Windows taskbar's. Actually I should say that their taskbar is a light gray with no icon's. They do get the little carrot menu showing some running background programs but also right clicking on the desktop doesnt...
  4. windows 11 blank taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 blank taskbar: running windows 11 21h2 ver 22000.2538 my taskbar is blankhow can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-blank-taskbar/55cbb36f-656f-42ce-886a-54c6ba0eca9c
  5. windows 11 blank taskbar

windows 11 blank taskbar: running windows 11 21h2 ver 22000.2538 my taskbar is blankhow can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-blank-taskbar/55cbb36f-656f-42ce-886a-54c6ba0eca9c
  6. windows 11 taskbar is blank?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar is blank?: Windows 11 - Task bar is showing a blank line except for the icon tablet mode .Not even showing start button, etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-is-blank/83b33299-05ab-4814-9858-261c1872de37
  7. windows 11 taskbar is blank?

windows 11 taskbar is blank?: Windows 11 - Task bar is showing a blank line except for the icon tablet mode .Not even showing start button, etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-is-blank/83b33299-05ab-4814-9858-261c1872de37
  8. windows update went blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update went blank: hello everyone i am using pc windows 10 but today after space in C drive i cant see any update or installation in my pc windows update column of settings showing something went wrong . How to fix that issue kindly tell me?waiting for your reply...
  9. windows update went blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update went blank: hello everyone i am using pc windows 10 but today after space in C drive i cant see any update or installation in my pc windows update column of settings showing something went wrong . How to fix that issue kindly tell me?waiting for your reply...
  10. Windows 11 taskbar went blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar went blank: Restarted the Computer, Dell Inspiron 5500 series with Windows 11. The taskbar went blank. Even the Windows Start button is missing.Also the Windows button on the keyboard doesn't seem to work. When I try to run explorer the search doesn't work.From task manager cntrl+alt+del...