Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Windows 11. Exiting full-screen applications, updating video card drivers, or logging in after allowing the computer to sleep causes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GoodGuyMoore, May 21, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode

Hi, I'm on Windows 11. Exiting full-screen applications, updating video card drivers, or logging in after allowing the computer to sleep causes the taskbar to disappear on one monitor. To get the taskbar back, I have to restart File Explorer via Task Manager or switch my main display and switch back each time this occurs.This issue happens constantly. How can I fix this for good?

:)

GoodGuyMoore, May 21, 2024

2. Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep

I have an issue where the taskbar disappears when any window is maximized.

The issue occurs when the screen turned back on, after screen has turned off by selecting screen and sleep option

The taskbar operates normally before the power sleep mode activated.

I didn't check auto hide taskbar option

Weird Taskbar, May 21, 2024
  3. windows 10 video card driver problem

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try installing in compatibility mode.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode

Windows 11 taskbar covers the bottom of Office365 applications

Hello Don_Awesome,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community for help.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the taskbar autohide feature on Windows 11. I would like to suggest some steps that may help to resolve the issue:

If none of these steps help, it may be a possible bug that affects some users and applications. I recommend that you send feedback about this issue to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app by pressing Windows logo key + F at the same time on your keyboard. The Feedback Hub app lets you report any problems you encounter while using Windows 11 or Windows 10. You can also send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

As a workaround, you can try the following:

1. Opening the Start menu so that the taskbar can hide automatically

2. Unchecking "Show flashing on taskbar apps" in Windows settings.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Yuhao Li

Microsoft Community Technical Support

Yuhao Li - MSFT, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode

1. Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar Disappearing Full

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Disappearing Full-screen Applications, Video Card Drivers, & Sleep Mode: Hi, I'm on Windows 11. Exiting full-screen applications, updating video card drivers, or logging in after allowing the computer to sleep causes the taskbar to disappear on one monitor. To get the taskbar back, I have to restart File Explorer via Task Manager or switch my main...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the taskbar in Windows 11 not hiding when I'm in full-screen mode. Whether I'm watching videos or playing games, the taskbar remains visible at the bottom of the screen, blocking part of the content. I've checked the taskbar settings, but...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode

Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the taskbar in Windows 11 not hiding when I'm in full-screen mode. Whether I'm watching videos or playing games, the taskbar remains visible at the bottom of the screen, blocking part of the content. I've checked the taskbar settings, but...
  5. Windows 11 TaskBar not hiding in full screen mode BUG ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 TaskBar not hiding in full screen mode BUG ?: Hello,When I enter in full screen mode in an application edge, chrome or other apps like Word, Excel, ... the taskbar doesn't disappear, except for games. Is this a bug or this "feature" is still not available yet on windows 11 ? whereas has been available for years now on...
  6. Windows 11 TaskBar not hiding in full screen mode BUG ?

Windows 11 TaskBar not hiding in full screen mode BUG ?: Hello,When I enter in full screen mode in an application edge, chrome or other apps like Word, Excel, ... the taskbar doesn't disappear, except for games. Is this a bug or this "feature" is still not available yet on windows 11 ? whereas has been available for years now on...
  7. Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video

Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video: If a user enters Full Screen while playing a video, you can't get out of full screen. I've tested this with Vemo and YouTube videos.To test: Create kiosk account. Set Edge as the program to run. Set As a public browser.Go to youtube.com and play a video. Hit F to enter full...
  8. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  9. touch screen drivers disappear after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch screen drivers disappear after sleep mode: Hi, I recently received a brand new Asus n580vd laptop with a touch screen. Since receiving it, I just installed the offered windows updates, downloaded some third party known apps (Spotify, Whatsapp.. nothing crazy) and copied my personal files. I noticed lately that...
  10. Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue: Hello! I bought a Windows 10 Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues. I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but with a lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere. There are two issues I have here that I'm...