Windows 10: Windows 11 Taskbar bricked

Discus and support Windows 11 Taskbar bricked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All of a sudden today, I booted up my Windows 11 machine a Surface Pro 8 and found that the taskbar wasn't loading. It took a bit of time to load, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SmashedFrenzy16, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Taskbar bricked

All of a sudden today, I booted up my Windows 11 machine a Surface Pro 8 and found that the taskbar wasn't loading. It took a bit of time to load, but when it did, there were some issues. The Start button wouldn't do anything. Neither did the search bar, the widgets button, the Date and Time button or Network and Internet button Next to Date and Time. The Windows Store app and Store apps such as Twitter, or Microsoft To Do say "Class not registered". Other programs such as the Regstry editor and Group Policy Editor say "Windows cannot access the specified device, file or path. You may no

:)

SmashedFrenzy16, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 19, 2023
  3. WINDOWS 11 - Doesn't show my calendar on TaskBar

Dear Community Member,

I understand that you've been facing an issue with the calendar not displaying when you click on the time in the taskbar on Windows 11. This can indeed be frustrating, especially if you rely on the calendar for your work. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. Restart the Windows Explorer process:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager" from the context menu.
      • In the "Processes" tab, locate "Windows Explorer" and right-click on it.
      • Choose "Restart" from the menu.
      • Wait for the taskbar and desktop to refresh, then check if the calendar now appears when you click on the time.
    2. Check the taskbar settings:
      • Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings."
      • In the settings window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section and click on "Turn system icons on or off."
      • Ensure that the "Calendar" option is set to "On."
      • If it was already enabled, toggle it off and on again, then check if the calendar appears.
    3. Update Windows 11:
      • Make sure you have the latest updates installed for Windows 11.
      • Go to "Settings" by pressing Win + I on your keyboard.
      • Click on "Windows Update" and select "Check for updates."
      • If updates are available, download and install them.
      • After the update process is complete, restart your computer and see if the calendar is now visible.
    4. Create a new user account:
      • Sometimes, issues can be specific to a user account. Creating a new account can help determine if the problem is account-related.
      • Go to "Settings" and click on "Accounts."
      • Select "Family & other users" from the left sidebar.
      • Under "Other users," click on "Add account."
      • Follow the prompts to create a new user account.
    I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the calendar display issue on your Windows 11 system. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

mariyanzish, Jul 19, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar bricked

Can't move taskbar on windows 11

Hi Mads,

I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

Moving the Taskbar is not supported, yet.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Move the Taskbar: Moving the Taskbar to any part of the screen and resizing it is not supported yet.

Microsoft is tracking collection of this in the Feedback, I suggest you to vote for the same in the Hub.

Something like ExplorerPatcher may help in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/restor...

ExplorerPatcher

ExplorerPatcher is a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled by putting the DLL file. Some of the functionalities the developer claims is restored are below:

Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.

Restore Windows+X context menu.

Show app list by default in Start menu.

Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more

How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher/rele...

Hope that helps.

Content on the above blog is written by a Windows MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Taskbar bricked

1. Windows 11 Taskbar bricked - Similar Threads - Taskbar bricked

2. Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone: Hello i need help with my laptop i tried to fix my folder in OneDrive to point it to PC Desktop, after restarting it prompts "Location not available" in file explorer and all the icons in the taskbar is gone, and my another concern is the content on my navigation pane is only...
  3. Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location is not Available file explorer taskbar icons gone: Hello i need help with my laptop i tried to fix my folder in OneDrive to point it to PC Desktop, after restarting it prompts "Location not available" in file explorer and all the icons in the taskbar is gone, and my another concern is the content on my navigation pane is only...
  4. My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button: I was playing roblox in my laptop. when I needed to go somewhere, I put the laptop on sleep mode. The next time I came back, the taskbar had no icons, the only icons shown are the start and search button. I tried to fix it by restarting explorer.exe and nothing worked. but...
  5. My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button: I was playing roblox in my laptop. when I needed to go somewhere, I put the laptop on sleep mode. The next time I came back, the taskbar had no icons, the only icons shown are the start and search button. I tried to fix it by restarting explorer.exe and nothing worked. but...
  6. Win10 21H2 // new W11 UI & taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 21H2 // new W11 UI & taskbar: I have my win10 pro laptop set with regedit specify feature version update block set to 21H2 as explained on tenforums.com https://tinyurl.com/BBggFF10 . Today I received the new windows 11 taskbar which I despise through the patch tuesday updates. So with this post I wanted...
  7. my taskbar disappeared windows 11

my taskbar disappeared windows 11: my taskbar and start button disappeared randomly. how do i get it back. I tried going to Taskbar behaviours and clearing the Automatically hide the taskbar but it was already cleared....
  8. my taskbar disappeared windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar disappeared windows 11: my taskbar and start button disappeared randomly. how do i get it back. I tried going to Taskbar behaviours and clearing the Automatically hide the taskbar but it was already cleared....
  9. Taskbar bleeding through while in full screen, in anything I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar bleeding through while in full screen, in anything I do: Whenever I'm in full screen mode, whether it be games, video/youtube, viewing image, you can clearly see the taskbar bleeding through.I've tried multiple suggestions and non have worked, and no, I have no intention to hide the taskbar, never needed to with Windows 10This is...
  10. Windows 11 Taskbar bricked

Windows 11 Taskbar bricked: All of a sudden today, I booted up my Windows 11 machine a Surface Pro 8 and found that the taskbar wasn't loading. It took a bit of time to load, but when it did, there were some issues. The Start button wouldn't do anything. Neither did the search bar, the widgets button,...