Windows 10: Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page

Discus and support Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has begun testing a home page in the Windows 11 Settings app. The feature is currently rolling out to users in the Dev Channel of the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 30, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page

Microsoft has begun testing a home page in the Windows 11 Settings app. The feature is currently rolling out to users in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Preview Program.

New home page in Windows 11 Settings

The Home tab, not unlike the one in File Explorer, is located at the top of the Settings app's sidebar. The home page replaces the system tab as the startup page. The app's header has been changed slightly, it no longer displays shortcuts for OneDrive and Microsoft Office, and instead shows the name of the network that your PC is connected to.

Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page Windows-11-Settings-is-getting-a-new-home-page.jpg

The home page in Windows 11 Settings consists of 4 sections, or cards. The Recommended settings section has shortcuts to your recent and commonly used options, such as Display and Sound. The shortcuts displayed in this section change dynamically based on your usage.

The next card is related to Microsoft 365, and displays the status of your subscription, i.e. the plan's name, and the benefits that it offers. Next is the cloud storage section, which shows you how much space you have on OneDrive, along with how much space you have used. Click the Details button, to switch to the Accounts tab in the Settings app with more information about your subscription and usage.

The only other section that is available for me on the home page is labeled, Personalize your device. It lets you switch between various wallpapers quickly. You can also use it to toggle light mode or dark mode from this page. The button that says "browse more backgrounds, colors and themes", takes you to the Personalization page in the Settings app.

Microsoft says that the home page has 3 more sections, but I couldn't test these. The Account recovery card will allow users to manage their Microsoft's account security, with options to recover it even if you forget the password. The Xbox card displays your Game Pass subscription status and allows you to manage it. The last card is for Bluetooth Devices, which as the name suggests will let you connect to your Bluetooth devices.

The new home page in Windows 11 Settings was available by default after I updated to the latest Dev Channel build, which is Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23493. If the feature is not available for you, here's how to enable it manually (h/t XenoPanther).

How to enable the new home page in Windows 11 Settings

1. Download the ViveTool utility. Extract the archive's contents to C:\ViveTool.

2. Open a Terminal window with administrator rights.

3. Paste the following velocity codes in it one at a time, and press Enter to modify the settings.

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:42058345

C:\ViveTool\ViveTool /enable /id:42058313

Open the Settings app and you should see the new home page. If you don't see it, you may have to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

The home page is essentially a collection of shortcuts for Settings that you may want to modify. I think it may be more useful for novice users who may not know where to look in to find specific options.

Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page windows-11-new-home-page-is-buggy.jpg

It seems to be a little buggy in its current state, when I clicked on various tabs on the sidebar, the home page started listing settings that I never modified. In fact, the options were not relevant to the tabs that I had switched to (Personalization, System, Apps, Accounts). I'm not sure how it picked up the Printer and Mouse settings considering that they are under Bluetooth devices, and when I did access that page, the shortcuts changes to something else.

The home page could use some tweaking, such as the ability to remove the default shortcuts and pin the ones we would like to access. As of now, there are no options to customize the home page in Windows 11's Settings. The Home page experience will be available for both Windows 11 Home and Pro editions, but will not be accessible for enterprise workstations, i.e. devices that managed by organizations.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 30, 2023
  2. Geethu B Win User

Getting about:blank page in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

2. Virus.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps under the section "Why are webpages blank or displaying incorrectly?" from the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run a full scan using Windows Defender and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 30, 2023
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 30, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page

1. Windows 11 Settings is getting a new home page - Similar Threads - Settings getting home

2. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!: Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into settings by clicking windows+I it opens for a second then it disappears. I have tried to make another account and the same thing...
  3. New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user account has no taskbar or settings home page!!: Hi,I just made a new user on my Dell windows 11 desktop and I logged into that user account and there is no taskbar or start. I can't even go into settings by clicking windows+I it opens for a second then it disappears. I have tried to make another account and the same thing...
  4. How to Enable or Disable Settings Home page in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Settings Home page in Windows 11: [IMG]This post will show you how to Enable or Disable the Settings Home page in Windows 11. With a recent update, the Home page in the Settings app was added in Windows 11. The Home page provides a hub to customize and manage various features of your PC. However, some people...
  5. home page set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    home page set up: I used to have Google come up as my home page, not it's Window and my mail goes to Outlook, I'd like to go back to Google. How do I get home page changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-page-set-up/d3e78124-6fec-4f83-ba73-952761fc2abe
  6. Settings Home Page Top Banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Home Page Top Banner: In Insider fast ring releases.... Is there any way to disable the broken ugly banner on the settings home page. Local account displays nothing at all but "Local Account Sign in" Windows Update perpetually displays "Updates in progress" "Rewards" seems like just a way to...
  7. How to get rid of the home page I set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of the home page I set up: well DUH! I set Gopher as the home page. I eventually get tired of it but I could not get rid of it. No matter how many home pages I tried, I was stuck with gopher.com. I got rid of it be erasing the task bar icon and starting from the menu. Voila! I made a new task...
  8. IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page: [img] Though this is related to Win 7 but I think many of you may guide me regarding this. I installed Win 7 Professional SP1 which has IE 11 bundled in it. Now whenever I open IE it will open my home page i.e google but within seconds, it will change to other page (image...
  9. Internet Home Page can't be set

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Home Page can't be set: Setting the Home page, doesn't work when I type in the URL, and the "use current" button is grayed out so I can't use current page that Edge is on.. 43612
  10. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...