Windows 10: Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

Discus and support Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DiogoPaulos, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot and I can't really play. The services are State Repository and Role Access Manager.I tried many solutions and seems like the State Repository is basically solved, but used to be the service consuming most CPU percentage, now it's the Role Access Manager.

:)

DiogoPaulos, Feb 5, 2022
  2. zinou Win User

Service Host Causing High CPU

Hi,

I suggest you use Process Explorer of Sysinternals tool to identify the service causing this High CPU usage:

Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage. [​IMG]

zinou, Feb 5, 2022
  3. Paul.Woz Win User
    TokenBroker services causes high CPU utilization?

We have Windows 10 Pro version 1703, 64bit.

We see CPU stay at 50-60%, and spike up to 99-100% for extended times. We have been able to isolate the high CPU to the Token Broker service by using the Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer.

We understand this service has something to do with the Windows Store and Authentication and was added in with the Anniversary update. With it turned off, we return to normal CPU utilization, but we are unsure if this service is a requirement.

Microsoft is a bit ambiguous on this service, even the description for the service reads "<Failed to Read Description, Error Code:1500 >"

• Because there isn't a lot of documentation on this we are unsure if we even need this service. Can we simply disable this service permanently?
    • Is anyone aware of the Token Broker service causing high CPU like this?

Paul.Woz, Feb 5, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

dalchina, Feb 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

1. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage. - Similar Threads - Services using high

2. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  3. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  4. Windows 11 Services using high CPU %

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Services using high CPU %: Since December 14, 2023, following a Windows 11 Update, "Services" has been using a 21-25% of CPU , which runs the cooling fan ragged, makes a lot of noise and slows the pc down as soon as it starts. When I launch any software, the fan upticks again in speed. before slowing...
  5. Windows 11 Services using high CPU %

Windows 11 Services using high CPU %: Since December 14, 2023, following a Windows 11 Update, "Services" has been using a 21-25% of CPU , which runs the cooling fan ragged, makes a lot of noise and slows the pc down as soon as it starts. When I launch any software, the fan upticks again in speed. before slowing...
  6. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE: Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix for this....
  7. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE: Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix for this....
  8. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.: Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot and I can't really play. The services are State Repository and Role Access Manager.I tried many solutions and seems like the...
  9. System interrupts using high percentage of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts using high percentage of CPU: Occasionally my PC will slow down drastically. I will open task manager to find out what is causing the slowdown, only to find system interrupts using about 80% of my CPU. The problem I have with troubleshooting this is that unlike other users who have posted about this...
  10. CPU high percentage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU high percentage: Antimalware service executable is consuming a lot of CPU. How do I disable it ? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cpu-high-percentage/98023cc6-d869-4f4f-98dd-b3fa9077bbd7