Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently running on Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. After doing so I click the 'Install' button get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Miss Sexy Vixen, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work

I am currently running on Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. After doing so I click the 'Install' button get to the 'Preparing for upgrade' box and it fails with the error code 0x80070490. I then tried following the steps of disconnecting from the internet, entering the generic Pro key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, get the error 'Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows' giving me the same error code as before: 0x80070490 restart my computer and it still did not upgrade my pc to Windows 11 Pro. I have tried this method multiple times and it refuses to

:)

Miss Sexy Vixen, Jan 28, 2024

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Pro

I am sorry , I am not so sure about your issues, but for Microsoft Surface device , it is normally preinstall with Windows 10/11 S mode , you need to first switch the S mode to Home version , then you can use the windows 10/11 Pro key to upgrade from windows 10/11 Pro version, here is the steps

Switch from windows 11 S to Home :

1. open Settings > System > Activation.
    2. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)
    3. On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro:

1:Select Start > Settings > System > Activation.

2:Under Upgrade your edition of Windows, select Open Store

3:Select " I have a Windows 10/11 Pro Product Key", then Input the product Key

4: If you have any error warning , please reboot your PC and try it again

Switch windows 11 S to windows 11 Home is free of charge , but upgrade from windows 11 home to Pro need a product key if you have !

Upgrade directly from Microsoft store is for $99.99USD, but you can get a windows 11 Pro key from the Microsoft partner online store keyingo, it is cheaper but genuine too

Nollie Quercia, Jan 28, 2024
  3. JonGrimes Win User
    Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Jan 28, 2024
  4. JBryan41 Win User

Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Jan 28, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work

1. Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade Store

2. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro from the Windows Store does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro from the Windows Store does not work.: Hello Support I have purchased Windows 11 Pro upgrade from the Windows Store however it will not work on my Windows 11 Home addition. Details: This is a new HP laptop out of the box. First step: update windows until windows says the system is up-to-date. Next, I went to the...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro from the Windows Store does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro from the Windows Store does not work.: Hello Support I have purchased Windows 11 Pro upgrade from the Windows Store however it will not work on my Windows 11 Home addition. Details: This is a new HP laptop out of the box. First step: update windows until windows says the system is up-to-date. Next, I went to the...
  4. Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade from MS Store refuses to work: I am currently running on Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. After doing so I click the 'Install' button get to the 'Preparing for upgrade' box and it fails with the error code 0x80070490. I then tried following the steps of disconnecting...
  5. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  6. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  7. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade from the Windows Store upgraded my work computer to Windows...

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade from the Windows Store upgraded my work computer to Windows...: Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade from the Windows Store upgraded my work computer to Windows 11 Enterprise and now there is no activation key. What else can I do?I installed a new Surface, then tried to upgrade and this happened. I did a complete reset and it still, after 1...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store: While having the Microsoft store upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, the installation failed with the error code 0x80070490. The installation appears to have been successful, but the installed on date appears to the date I updated to Windows 11 Home.Edition Windows...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store

Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Microsoft Store: While having the Microsoft store upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro, the installation failed with the error code 0x80070490. The installation appears to have been successful, but the installed on date appears to the date I updated to Windows 11 Home.Edition Windows...
  10. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 Pro *refuses*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 Pro *refuses*: Hey. So, I've been trying all day to get a PC to upgrade to Win10 from Win8.1 Pro. Windows Update has failed multiple times with the automatic update, and I've created a USB installer from the downloader thing, which fails as well. It seems to actually try to do something,...