Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why?

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey,I recently bought a second-hand computer that came installed with Windows 11 Pro. I followed some basic checks to see if Windows is genuine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JackE6682, May 8, 2022.

1. JackE6682 Win User

Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why?

Hey,I recently bought a second-hand computer that came installed with Windows 11 Pro. I followed some basic checks to see if Windows is genuine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z6fk0aPf1k and it appears to be.For security, before starting to use the computer, I want perform a reset from the cloud, however, this doesn't work. Here is a screen recording of me comparing a local vs cloud reset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foNpiV-OrqY&feature=youtu.be The computer isn't connected to wifi, only ethernet. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JackE6682, May 8, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 8, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 8, 2022
  4. Bengie Win User

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

10 Pro 21H1

This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset.

When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive
    There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local Reinstall.

My understanding of how this is worded is that Local Reinstall uses Windows already on your machine and
    Cloud Download downloads a new copy of Windows from MS and installs that.

I always use the Cloud Download but if it is a new download, how come my desktop picture and a couple of
    other things are still there when the Recovery has finished.
    If it was a download I would have expected just Windows ?

I hope that makes sense.

Bengie, May 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why? - Similar Threads - Pro local reset

2. cloud reset cleanliness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloud reset cleanliness: If i choose to perform a cloud reset without keeping any files does it preserve any remnants from the previous os, i mean, if there are any files or registry entries being preserved and how to get rid of them...
  3. cloud reset cleanliness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloud reset cleanliness: If i choose to perform a cloud reset without keeping any files does it preserve any remnants from the previous os, i mean, if there are any files or registry entries being preserved and how to get rid of them...
  4. Reset window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset window 11 pro: Hello, my name is Yotam.yesterday i have reseted my Windows PC and as you mentioned at another man's question, it shouldnt affect the activition of the windows. today, i have opend the PC and it asked me to activate.But the problem is that I dont remember the product key.and...
  5. Reset window 11 pro

Reset window 11 pro: Hello, my name is Yotam.yesterday i have reseted my Windows PC and as you mentioned at another man's question, it shouldnt affect the activition of the windows. today, i have opend the PC and it asked me to activate.But the problem is that I dont remember the product key.and...
  6. Reset pc cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset pc cloud: My desktop had a virus due hp support scam connect Will I put virus back in using this mode??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-cloud/4a5ff1ad-60f2-47ac-a6ea-52a63f61e4df
  7. Reset pc cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc cloud: My desktop had a virus due hp support scam connect Will I put virus back in using this mode??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-cloud/4a5ff1ad-60f2-47ac-a6ea-52a63f61e4df
  8. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.: I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get my computer back to normal. I cannot perform a clean install because I have too many files to back up and I have no Windows...
  9. Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.

Windows 10 local reset goes to 91% and undoes changes. Cloud reset is unable to download.: I'm trying to do a Windows 10 reset using keep my files because a virus attacked my computer on August 7, 2022. It's been the 10th day of trying to get my computer back to normal. I cannot perform a clean install because I have too many files to back up and I have no Windows...
  10. Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro: local reset works, cloud reset doesn't. Why?: Hey,I recently bought a second-hand computer that came installed with Windows 11 Pro. I followed some basic checks to see if Windows is genuine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z6fk0aPf1k and it appears to be.For security, before starting to use the computer, I want perform a...