Windows 10: Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed

Discus and support Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Cloud Ex2 UltraI’ve spent some time troubleshooting, figured ask for thoughts. Not going to list all the steps that I have already attempted but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blue Star Ion Cannon, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed

My Cloud Ex2 UltraI’ve spent some time troubleshooting, figured ask for thoughts. Not going to list all the steps that I have already attempted but below are a few:Windows 11 ProWas Microsoft Account, converted to now a local account Not AD connected using default WORKGROUPSMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and child options enabledSMB Direct enabled-Services for NFS and child options enabledAttempting to connect to NFS via Windows File Explorer.Let’s say we go to \\[ipv4_address]It will not load until I enter my username and password.Once I enter the username and password it authenticates th

:)

Blue Star Ion Cannon, Jun 1, 2024
  2. Jules1955 Win User

File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC.

File Transfer Speeds:

• Windows 11 to NAS (DS1520+) = 11.5 MB/s
    • Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s (much faster)
    • File size = 30GB

Note:

• Windows PCs and NAS are all Ethernet connected on 1GB home network.
    • Running: Windows 11 Pro 23H2
    • Running: DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 5

Any suggestions on how to speed this up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

***moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Performance and system failures***

Jules1955, Jun 1, 2024
  3. MaloK Win User
    Connecting NAS - mapping of drives

Ok, If you want, we can do a step by step troubleshooting of your current situation: If you are able to ping your Machine and it responds. Code:
    Try to view if your NAS appears on the Network List: Code:
    If Your NAS appears on the list, try to view it: Code:
    The available shares will be listed there. Then Try to List the content of one of the directories: Code:
    This should list the content of the directory, If all this works Try to map a drive on one share: Code:
    Pls reply with the "response" of the first "encounter" of a non positive output. This exercise should reveal if you have a Network or Protocol or Cipher or Authentication problem.

MaloK, Jun 1, 2024
  4. Bhuvan N Win User

Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed

SSH connection fails on Windows 11 "windows authentication failed. error 1326"

I have installed SSHD on Windows 11 and configured the SSHD as listed below following this blog:

1. Enabled Firewall rule to accept SSH connection
    2. Added following lines to sshd_config
    1. When I tried to establish a ssh connection either from my Windows local system or from a remote Linux system, I am getting an error "windows authentication failed. error 1326 windows 11".

The sshd.log file is uploaded here.

How can I resolve this issue?

Bhuvan N, Jun 1, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed

1. Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed - Similar Threads - Pro Cannot Connect

2. Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Cannot Connect to NAS Authentication Failed: My Cloud Ex2 UltraI’ve spent some time troubleshooting, figured ask for thoughts. Not going to list all the steps that I have already attempted but below are a few:Windows 11 ProWas Microsoft Account, converted to now a local account Not AD connected using default...
  3. Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting: Running Windows 10 Pro. I've tried everything to access my SMB server--nothing works. I've tried using my Microsoft online credentials; I've made a dummy local account and tried those credentials; I've used variations of User\[user] and password. Would some please advise?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting: Running Windows 10 Pro. I've tried everything to access my SMB server--nothing works. I've tried using my Microsoft online credentials; I've made a dummy local account and tried those credentials; I've used variations of User\[user] and password. Would some please advise?...
  5. Windows 10 Pro SMB Authentication Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. SSH connection fails on Windows 11 "windows authentication failed. error 1326"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSH connection fails on Windows 11 "windows authentication failed. error 1326": I have installed SSHD on Windows 11 and configured the SSHD as listed below following this blog:Enabled Firewall rule to accept SSH connectionAdded following lines to sshd_config PasswordAuthentication yes AllowUsers naras SyslogFacility LOCAL0 LogLevel Debug3When I tried to...
  7. SSH connection fails on Windows 11 "windows authentication failed. error 1326"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSH connection fails on Windows 11 "windows authentication failed. error 1326": I have installed SSHD on Windows 11 and configured the SSHD as listed below following this blog:Enabled Firewall rule to accept SSH connectionAdded following lines to sshd_config PasswordAuthentication yes AllowUsers naras SyslogFacility LOCAL0 LogLevel Debug3When I tried to...
  8. Failed to connect to the server, Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to connect to the server, Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net: [ATTACH]Here is a guide on how to fix the ‘Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net’ error on Minecraft. Minecraft is a popular video gaming series developed and published by Mojang Studios and Xbox Game Studios. While it offers a great gaming experience, you might also run down...
  9. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  10. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...