Windows 10: Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

Discus and support Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to disable logging in using a PIN and eventually to login in using local username and credentials in Windows 11.As a first step, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DENDPX, Jan 31, 2024.

1. DENDPX Win User

Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

I've been trying to disable logging in using a PIN and eventually to login in using local username and credentials in Windows 11.As a first step, I tried to remove my PIN from my machine, in the settings window.Unfortunately, neither my PIN or password works during changing or removing the associated PIN.When I try changing or removing my PIN, the popup window disappears, and the settings window becomes somewhat unresponsive which I'm able to close, by closing the settings icon in the taskbar. Not sure what next steps to follow, or things to try please? And strangely enough, the password an

:)

DENDPX, Jan 31, 2024

2. Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login

I have been am using windows 11 pro insider preview build 25276. I have never had any issues with the insider preview until today. I had a password and PIN for my account, this all worked fine yesterday. Now when I try to login it no longer justs asks for my pin. It asks for username and password, neither my password or my pin work anymore. I am able to login in with one test account i created but I can't do much with it since it doesn't have administrator privileges. I ideas how i can fix my login to work?

Trevor Orr, Jan 31, 2024
  3. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Jan 31, 2024
  4. Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 31, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

1. Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window - Similar Threads - PIN password works

2. Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window: I've been trying to disable logging in using a PIN and eventually to login in using local username and credentials in Windows 11.As a first step, I tried to remove my PIN from my machine, in the settings window.Unfortunately, neither my PIN or password works during changing...
  3. Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login: I have been am using windows 11 pro insider preview build 25276. I have never had any issues with the insider preview until today. I had a password and PIN for my account, this all worked fine yesterday. Now when I try to login it no longer justs asks for my pin. It asks for...
  4. Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login: I have been am using windows 11 pro insider preview build 25276. I have never had any issues with the insider preview until today. I had a password and PIN for my account, this all worked fine yesterday. Now when I try to login it no longer justs asks for my pin. It asks for...
  5. Set password on device with PIN set during setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set password on device with PIN set during setup: I'm trying to set a password, and all the guides even from microsoft, say that I should have a password box in sign-in options, but I do not, I've also tried changing the password through net user "myusername" "password" but I get System error 8646 has occurred.The system is...
  6. Set password on device with PIN set during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set password on device with PIN set during setup: I'm trying to set a password, and all the guides even from microsoft, say that I should have a password box in sign-in options, but I do not, I've also tried changing the password through net user "myusername" "password" but I get System error 8646 has occurred.The system is...
  7. Set password on device with PIN set during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Pin or Password Login To Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin or Password Login To Windows: I don't want to use a pin OR a password to login to Windows on my laptop. I'm 70+, retired, no longer go to work every day, and my laptop just never leaves the house. I'm serious when I say never. If I need the internet when I'm out and about I just use my phone. So, my...
  9. can't setup "PIN" to login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't setup "PIN" to login to windows: [ATTACH] this is a weird problem. i logged into my college email using the Mail app in windows 10. after that i got a message that tells me that i need to setup a new PIN to login to windows (my old PIN was 4 digits) and the new Required one should be more than 6 digits....
  10. PIN not working during login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not working during login: while signing in i have a pin with "." [dot] in it but now suddenly "." stopped working only in pin code other time it is fine what to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-not-working-during-login/ac536566-e825-4274-abd4-c35339d9d2ce