Windows 10: Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available?

Discus and support Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have searched like crazy and can only find high-level information. Is more in-depth user documentation available somewhere?I need to understand more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jackie327, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Jackie327 Win User

Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available?

I have searched like crazy and can only find high-level information. Is more in-depth user documentation available somewhere?I need to understand more about the app features. Most importantly, I need to know if I can still use the app without it moving any of my files -- I have an extensive number of photos already organized in a detailed hierarchy of subfolders exactly how I want them, and I do NOT want them moved or 'reorganized" in any other way.I'd like to point to the root location and use the photos app, but not if it is going to try to move them at all.

:)

Jackie327, Jan 28, 2022
  2. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Jan 28, 2022
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available? [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Photo Viewer

Suggest: Get the reg file available here:

Download Setup Windows Photo Viewer as the Default Image Viewer - MajorGeeks

Verify that you have got these files:

Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available? [​IMG]

Merge the downloaded reg file (unzip and merge) but read the text file that is included.

Then merge the second reg file I uploaded:

photoviewer.reg

However I have to say that either of those reg files work for me.

Callender, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available? - Similar Threads - photo viewer detailed

2. Understanding event viewer details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Understanding event viewer details: Can anyone help me interupt the information? I've looked at a few locations for how to read details of the event viewer with not much luck.Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 5/1/2024 2:50:05 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category:...
  3. Understanding event viewer details

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Understanding event viewer details: Can anyone help me interupt the information? I've looked at a few locations for how to read details of the event viewer with not much luck.Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 5/1/2024 2:50:05 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category:...
  4. Windows photo viewer are not available in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photo viewer are not available in Windows 11: Hi Support, Windows Photo Viewer are not available in Windows 11. It was available in Windows 7.Is there any option to download and install the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11. Please share the link to install Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11.Windows Photo Viewer are...
  5. Windows photo viewer are not available in Windows 11

Windows photo viewer are not available in Windows 11: Hi Support, Windows Photo Viewer are not available in Windows 11. It was available in Windows 7.Is there any option to download and install the Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11. Please share the link to install Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 11.Windows Photo Viewer are...
  6. Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 photo viewer -- is detailed help documentation available?: I have searched like crazy and can only find high-level information. Is more in-depth user documentation available somewhere?I need to understand more about the app features. Most importantly, I need to know if I can still use the app without it moving any of my files -- I...
  7. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer: Not a fan of Windows' Photos app. A lot of folks are saying Microsoft removed Photo Viewer for Windows 10's Photos app. But I've noticed that when I open .tif files, it defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. So the app has to exist on my OS, right?When I try to open more...
  8. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer: Not a fan of Windows' Photos app. A lot of folks are saying Microsoft removed Photo Viewer for Windows 10's Photos app. But I've noticed that when I open .tif files, it defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. So the app has to exist on my OS, right?When I try to open more...
  9. Need help accessing Windows Photo Viewer

10. Windows photo and photo viewer

Windows photo and photo viewer: Photo app and photo viewer app not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-and-photo-viewer/3b344c54-cf1c-4cf1-ab44-8bfba1ded777