Windows 10: Windows 11 media service not working

Discus and support Windows 11 media service not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just moved to windows 11 and the media service doesn't start automatically and when started it cannot be seen by devices that worked well with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Atcherley, Sep 17, 2024 at 8:12 AM.

1. Windows 11 media service not working

I have just moved to windows 11 and the media service doesn't start automatically and when started it cannot be seen by devices that worked well with the service on windows 10. Have tried lots of solutions mentioned on various sites without success

:)

Paul Atcherley, Sep 17, 2024 at 8:12 AM

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 17, 2024 at 8:17 AM
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Media Player 11 Final for Windows XP Released

Microsoft has released the final version of Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP. Version 11 has a redesigned user interface and incorporates seamless integration with MTV's URGE music service. According to Microsoft, the URGE online catalog provides customers with over 2 million songs by over 110,000 artists. Microsoft is also boasting that its improved search engine in Windows Media Player 11 provides faster results than any other media player on the market. You can download the player from here.

Source: DailyTech

4. Windows 11 media service not working

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Thema:

Windows 11 media service not working

1. Windows 11 media service not working - Similar Threads - media service working

2. Windows 11 media service not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 media service not working: I have just moved to windows 11 and the media service doesn't start automatically and when started it cannot be seen by devices that worked well with the service on windows 10. Have tried lots of solutions mentioned on various sites without success...
  3. Windows 11 Media Player Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Player Not Working: Takes forever to load a mp4, then only plays audio with no video. Noticed this issue since the software updated last week. Running version 11.2310.8.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-not-working/1608d8c7-ef24-4269-a727-72da9ac02282
  4. Windows 11 Media Player Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player Not Working: Takes forever to load a mp4, then only plays audio with no video. Noticed this issue since the software updated last week. Running version 11.2310.8.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-not-working/1608d8c7-ef24-4269-a727-72da9ac02282
  5. WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 11: Windows Installer is not working properly on my system. Because of this I am unable to download .msi filesI tried to solve the problem by enabling it from services.msc but when I tried to enable it, this was what I got:I also tried running msiexec on command prompt to see...
  6. WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 11

WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 11: Windows Installer is not working properly on my system. Because of this I am unable to download .msi filesI tried to solve the problem by enabling it from services.msc but when I tried to enable it, this was what I got:I also tried running msiexec on command prompt to see...
  7. Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled: I tried everything to turn it to automatically but it says access denied. Does anybody have solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-and-windows-update-media/253afd36-45fe-4f41-995c-84ce1efe5f3e
  8. Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled

Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled: I tried everything to turn it to automatically but it says access denied. Does anybody have solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-and-windows-update-media/253afd36-45fe-4f41-995c-84ce1efe5f3e
  9. Windows update service and Windows update media service disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Media Keys not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Media Keys not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The multimedia keyboards come with media keys that let users control the media via the keyboard. These media keys include Play, Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Volume Increase, Volume Decrease, etc. If media keys do not work for any reason, you have to use your...