Windows 10: Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming.

Discus and support Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I was playing Minecraft when the framerate dropped suddenly, and then the screen went black and said "locking" and turned off/ went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tomas Quiros, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming.

Hello, yesterday I was playing Minecraft when the framerate dropped suddenly, and then the screen went black and said "locking" and turned off/ went into hibernation. Turning the laptop back on, it was fully normal, after some more gaming it did the same thing, so I checked for updates and downloaded the only one that was pending. After I updated this didn't happen until a while earlier today. While just browsing chrome it did the same, followed by at least 4 more incidents, while gaming and surfing chrome. To clarify, when this happens, the screen goes black immediately, text comes on that s

:)

Tomas Quiros, Jun 10, 2024
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 10, 2024
  3. HHFY Win User
    In Windows 11 power-saving mode, clicking the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen will cause a system crash.

Problem description: As the title suggests.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter Windows 11 power-saving mode.
    2. Click the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen.
    Expected result: The login screen should appear and after logging in, the browser should automatically open to view content.

Actual result: The system crashes.

Device information:

• Windows 11 version: 22H2 (22621.1413)
    • Device: Lenovo Xiaoxin 14 Pro 2021
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
    Other information:

• When plugged in, the system automatically turns off power-saving mode and cannot be turned on manually. The function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn off power-saving mode and the function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn on power-saving mode and the system crashes.

4. Zeeba# Win User

Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming.

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming.

1. Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming. - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps turning

2. Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off and "locking", usually while gaming.: Hello, yesterday I was playing Minecraft when the framerate dropped suddenly, and then the screen went black and said "locking" and turned off/ went into hibernation. Turning the laptop back on, it was fully normal, after some more gaming it did the same thing, so I checked...
  3. Pc turning off while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  4. Pc turning off while gaming

Pc turning off while gaming: My pc is turning off while gaming without any warnings or popups, my event viewer is flooded with event id: 28 and event id:41specsi7 12700f3070ti16gb ddr4Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2...
  5. My gaming laptop keeps turning off while playing games that it shouldt crash on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop keeps turning off while playing games that it shouldt crash on: Whenever I play games on my gaming laptop it randomly shuts off I have it on a hard surface and it doesn't get too hot I have a:AMD ryzen 9 5980x AMD RYZEN RX 6800M GDDR6 12gbAnd 16gigs of ram I searched the crashlog and I found these error codes and stuff it won't let me...
  6. My gaming laptop keeps turning off while playing games that it shouldt crash on

My gaming laptop keeps turning off while playing games that it shouldt crash on: Whenever I play games on my gaming laptop it randomly shuts off I have it on a hard surface and it doesn't get too hot I have a:AMD ryzen 9 5980x AMD RYZEN RX 6800M GDDR6 12gbAnd 16gigs of ram I searched the crashlog and I found these error codes and stuff it won't let me...
  7. Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off randomly: My PC keeps turning off randomly, it used to be that the “slide to shutdown” screen would randomly show up, and regardless of whether I did anything with it, it would shut down. I deleted the slide to shut down file though, and I thought that fixed it, but now my laptop is...
  8. Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off randomly

Windows 11 Laptop keeps turning off randomly: My PC keeps turning off randomly, it used to be that the “slide to shutdown” screen would randomly show up, and regardless of whether I did anything with it, it would shut down. I deleted the slide to shut down file though, and I thought that fixed it, but now my laptop is...
  9. Laptop locks while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locks while gaming: I have this issue that while im playing games, sometimes depends on which game it says locking and goes into sleepmode. Then i have to turn my laptop off and back on by the power button. How can i fix this issue? Laptop: hp pavilion gaming 15-ec150nd windows 10 build 2004...
  10. Num lock keeps turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num lock keeps turning off: My Num Lock keeps turning off every time I turn PC on from Lock/Sleep/Hibernate/Restart/Start. This is really annoying. I've looked everywhere with no success. I have Acer Predator 15....