Windows 10: Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset.

Discus and support Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have fresh windows 11, Radeon RX 570 with up-to-date drivers.I'm seeing my 2 monitors to extend.After I reset PC or do sleep/wake up cycle, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FilipWitkowski, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset.

I have fresh windows 11, Radeon RX 570 with up-to-date drivers.I'm seeing my 2 monitors to extend.After I reset PC or do sleep/wake up cycle, I have only one monitor connected one with display port.In order to set extended displayes, first I have to set monitor 1 and 2 to duplicate each other. can be done using Win+P to popup project menu.I have tried with and without AMD software installed to make sure this issue is not related to AMD software. It seems to be not related to graphic card, because I recently read about other people with different GPUs having similar issue.

:)

FilipWitkowski, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 4, 2023
  3. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Jan 4, 2023
  4. Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset.

Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 4, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset.

1. Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset. - Similar Threads - keeps forgetting multiple

2. My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...: I have two laptops and one docking station.I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro and it works well with this docking station.Windows, on the second one Asus Zenbook Pro 14 doesn't remember the multiple display settings. On every connection, I have to set multiple display...
  3. My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Pro forgets the multiple display settings when I disconnect and reconnect to...: I have two laptops and one docking station.I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro and it works well with this docking station.Windows, on the second one Asus Zenbook Pro 14 doesn't remember the multiple display settings. On every connection, I have to set multiple display...
  4. Windows 11 forgets my multiple display layout every time my PC boots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgets my multiple display layout every time my PC boots.: I am running a clean install of Windows 11 Pro on a PC with a new ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard, a Ryzen 5 4500 CPU, and 32GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 memory running at 3200MHz. I have 3 27" LG 4K displays, all connected by display port through a Sapphire Radeon RX...
  5. Windows 11 forgets my multiple display layout every time my PC boots.

Windows 11 forgets my multiple display layout every time my PC boots.: I am running a clean install of Windows 11 Pro on a PC with a new ASRock B450 Steel Legend motherboard, a Ryzen 5 4500 CPU, and 32GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 memory running at 3200MHz. I have 3 27" LG 4K displays, all connected by display port through a Sapphire Radeon RX...
  6. Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle: I recently disabled modern standby S0 because my wireless mouse keeps waking up the laptop with the slightist disturbance, which is a common complaint Microsoft has yet fixed. This solved the problem. However, now every time it wakes up it resets the multi-display settings.I...
  7. Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle

Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle: I recently disabled modern standby S0 because my wireless mouse keeps waking up the laptop with the slightist disturbance, which is a common complaint Microsoft has yet fixed. This solved the problem. However, now every time it wakes up it resets the multi-display settings.I...
  8. Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset.

Windows 11 keeps forgetting multiple displays settings after every PC reset.: I have fresh windows 11, Radeon RX 570 with up-to-date drivers.I'm seeing my 2 monitors to extend.After I reset PC or do sleep/wake up cycle, I have only one monitor connected one with display port.In order to set extended displayes, first I have to set monitor 1 and 2 to...
  9. Monitor/Display Settings Keep Resetting Every Tuesday Night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor/Display Settings Keep Resetting Every Tuesday Night: I have been working from home for 10 months now. My laptop HP Pavilion running Windows 10 is hooked up to two monitors via HDMI and an HDMI/USB adapter. It runs well and I have no issues, except for this one: Every Wednesday morning when I login for work, I have to reset...
  10. Windows keeps forgetting monitor settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps forgetting monitor settings: I have two monitors connected to one system, I never use both at the same time because I have this set up so I can use my system at two different positions. One is 60Hz and the other 144Hz. Everytime I switch monitors my 144Hz sets to default 60Hz. Is there any way to make...