Windows 10: Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"!

Discus and support Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear helpful Friends,A new laptop challenge every day: this might not be a life-threatening one, but I want to improve and keep my system clean.I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chrisbelter, Sep 21, 2024 at 12:47 PM.

1. Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"!

Dear helpful Friends,A new laptop challenge every day: this might not be a life-threatening one, but I want to improve and keep my system clean.I try to deinstall an app - a small game installed not through Steam, MS App Store or any service, but straight to my hard drive.As shown in the screenshot, I am not able to click the "Deinstallieren" deinstall. The app was actually not shown in control panel programs list or in my 3rd party Uninstaller.I used another 3rd party Uninstaller to force it off the drive, but apparently parts remain....Please help me!With much appreciation,Chris

:)

2. Update requires deinstallion of Avira app that is not installed

Windows 10 wants to install an update on my computer, but it tells me that I have to deinstall the Avira Antivir app, first. The trouble is, I deinstalled that app one year ago (which was quite a hazzle. I had to download an Avira deinstallation app first, and do some operations in safe mode).
    However, I do not see that app in my list, and I was sure up to now that the leech had gone, already.
    How can I either make windows notice that the app is gone, or weed out the remains of Avira?

3. Why can't I deinstall the not / never needed Xbox, Cortana and OneDrive App from Windows 10

Hello,

I want to remove / deinstall the Xbox, Cortana and OneDrive App from Windows 10 from my business PC but in the "System\Apps & Features" dialog the Deinstall button is grayed out and OneDrive is not listed even in "Systemsteuerung\Alle Systemsteuerungselemente\Programme
    und Features".

Thanks for the help,

4. n2ubp Win User

Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"!

Desktop HTML shortcuts being listed in Apps under settings?

A friends Win 10 installation is listing Desktop HTML shortcuts under Apps in the Setting App listing. Seems to have happened after he downloaded and installed a program in support of some two way radio equipment. System Restore does not correct the problem. Suggestions appreciated.

Thema:

Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"!

1. Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"! - Similar Threads - try deinstall app

2. Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: I try to deinstall an app, but the settings tell me "No way"!: Dear helpful Friends,A new laptop challenge every day: this might not be a life-threatening one, but I want to improve and keep my system clean.I try to deinstall an app - a small game installed not through Steam, MS App Store or any service, but straight to my hard drive.As...
  3. Windows 11 keeps trying to install a language in keyboard without me telling it to

Windows 11 keeps trying to install a language in keyboard without me telling it to: Hello, I have English USA and Greek keyboard languages english being the main language and system language, Greek being just for office proofing and/or texting and for the past few weeks every so often I will try to swap between engl <> Greek and it'll remain engl then I...
  4. Windows 11 keeps trying to install a language in keyboard without me telling it to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps trying to install a language in keyboard without me telling it to: Hello, I have English USA and Greek keyboard languages english being the main language and system language, Greek being just for office proofing and/or texting and for the past few weeks every so often I will try to swap between engl <> Greek and it'll remain engl then I...
  5. Let me tell you the many ways I DESPISE Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Let me tell you the many ways I DESPISE Windows: After a decade of staying away from Windows, I remembered why I quit in just TWO DAYS of using it.I purchased a beautiful Lenovo Ideapad Flex which unfortunately came with Windows 11. I successfully dual booted with Ubuntu which I love and absolutely NEED for my work as a...
  6. Let me tell you the many ways I DESPISE Windows

Let me tell you the many ways I DESPISE Windows: After a decade of staying away from Windows, I remembered why I quit in just TWO DAYS of using it.I purchased a beautiful Lenovo Ideapad Flex which unfortunately came with Windows 11. I successfully dual booted with Ubuntu which I love and absolutely NEED for my work as a...
  7. Deinstalled c++

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deinstalled c++: So i was uninstalling some useless stuff on my pc but i deinstalled by mistake some Softwares from the Microsoft corporation. I think it was c++ but i am not sure … the Problem is that i cant Play league of legends anymore. I am able to open the Client and log in but after...
  8. Set-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration tells me I have no DnsSuffix set for VPN...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration tells me I have no DnsSuffix set for VPN...: PS C:\mydir> Add-VpnConnection -Name "Contoso" -ServerAddress "test.contoso.com" -DnsSuffix "contoso" -TunnelType IKEv2 -EncryptionLevel Required -AuthenticationMethod EAP -SplitTunneling -AllUserConnection PS C:\mydir> Get-VpnConnection Name : Contoso...
  9. I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I trying to connect 4 monitors and it identifies them but is telling me settings can't be...: Error message The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combnation of display settings. Two of the monitors work. Identified as 4 and 1...
  10. What is chkdsk trying to tell me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is chkdsk trying to tell me?: A few months after migrating to Win10, and after applying the Anniversary edition update, I had been experiencing issues of PC hung applying other Windows updates (several updates got to restart stage but would stay 8+ hrs overnight in blue limbo), error messages from my...