Windows 10: Windows 11 Hello won't turn on Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera

Discus and support Windows 11 Hello won't turn on Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera and suddenly Windows 11 won't turn on the camera when logging in. I have searched these message boards and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam Fusco, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Sam Fusco Win User

Windows 11 Hello won't turn on Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera

I have a Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera and suddenly Windows 11 won't turn on the camera when logging in. I have searched these message boards and have not seen an answer. Is this a Microsoft issue or do I have to reset something?

:)

Sam Fusco, Jun 24, 2024
  2. SandipND Win User

hello

It looks your HP laptop is missing the required web camera hardware, you can see all the Windows 10 Hello supported devices listed here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/windows-hello

If you like to have Windows 10 Hello, then here is Logitec Brio 4K Ultra Hd Webcam -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/logitech-brio-4k-ultra-hd-webcam-certified-for-windows-hello/91g8t2qsh9k6/4s75?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Regards,

Sandip Dedhia

SandipND, Jun 24, 2024
  3. Logitech Brio 4K and Windows Hello

I was troubleshooting a problem with my external camera and Windows Hello and I saw that many people have had a similar set of errors.

• Windows Hello works with my laptop integrated camera
    • Logitech Brio 4K works with just fine Zoom, Teams, Logitech, and other software
    • When I try to configure Windows Hello with the Brio, Windows returns "Something went wrong" error and fails
    • Event Viewer shows an error with camera start-up (CameraStartupFailureEvent)

After going down a number of fruitless paths of logic and inquiry, I finally hit upon something that worked.

My Brio was plugged into a USB-C port extender / replicator. Most devices and software are fine with this. A few are not. Windows Hello + Brio 4K are in the "nuh-uh" category. I unplugged the camera from the port extender and plugged it into a port on the side of the Dell laptop, instead. (I did not need to restart).

Then I tried configuring Windows Hello and all of a sudden it worked!

I had a similar problem with a high performance hard drive and a large, high resolution external monitor. They all wanted to see the first-generation port on the laptop instead of a splitter or extender plugged into the same port. Between power, monitor, Brio, and the port extender, I'm now out of ports on the laptop, but enough is enough, I guess. I'll call it a win and move on.

I hope this helps someone.

Stephen_In_California, Jun 24, 2024
  4. Quickeyed Win User

Windows Hello sticks to laptop camera in Windows 11

I have an HP laptop (Elitebook) with a Windows Hello capable camera. This laptop sits in an HP ultra thin dock most of the time, connecting to two extra screens. On top of one screen I have placed a Logitech Brio 4K camera, which is also Windows Hello capable, that is plugged into the dock. (so not integrated into the extra screen)

Situation:

I turn on my laptop (cold boot) when the laptop is already in the dock. The Logitech camera lets me log in through Windows Hello.

During the course of the day, I have to unplug from the dock to use just my laptop. Sometimes the laptop needs to be locked, so to unlock it, the laptop's built in camera is used for Windows Hello.

Later on I plug the laptop back into the dock. Only now, it doesn't revert back to the Logitech camera for Windows Hello. The only way to "fix" this is to reboot the laptop (while in the dock).

Stranger still, is that this same setup was used under Windows 10, but was never an issue then. This issue started after upgrading to Windows 11.

Quickeyed, Jun 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Hello won't turn on Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera - Similar Threads - Hello won't turn

2. Windows 11 Hello won't turn on Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello won't turn on Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera: I have a Logitech Ultra Wide 4K camera and suddenly Windows 11 won't turn on the camera when logging in. I have searched these message boards and have not seen an answer. Is this a Microsoft issue or do I have to reset something?...
  3. Logitech Brio 4K and Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Brio 4K and Windows Hello: I was troubleshooting a problem with my external camera and Windows Hello and I saw that many people have had a similar set of errors. Windows Hello works with my laptop integrated cameraLogitech Brio 4K works with just fine Zoom, Teams, Logitech, and other softwareWhen I try...
  4. Logitech Brio 4K and Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Brio 4K and Windows Hello: I was troubleshooting a problem with my external camera and Windows Hello and I saw that many people have had a similar set of errors. Windows Hello works with my laptop integrated cameraLogitech Brio 4K works with just fine Zoom, Teams, Logitech, and other softwareWhen I try...
  5. Logitech Brio 4K and Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. 4k Ultra HD.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k Ultra HD.....: Why does this message come up when my Samsung tv and uhd player are compatible......This Ultra HD Blu-ray disc is in 4K resoluton and utilzes High Dynamic Range.For optimal image quality, please connect your uitra HD Blu-ray Player to a televisionthat supports 4k Ultra HD...
  7. 4k Ultra HD.....

4k Ultra HD.....: Why does this message come up when my Samsung tv and uhd player are compatible......This Ultra HD Blu-ray disc is in 4K resoluton and utilzes High Dynamic Range.For optimal image quality, please connect your uitra HD Blu-ray Player to a televisionthat supports 4k Ultra HD...
  8. Windows 11 Hello - Logitech 4K Brio Stream Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello - Logitech 4K Brio Stream Edition: Hi,For the past year, I was able to use Windows Hello Windows 11 with my Logitech 4K Brio Stream Edition with no issues at all. Suddenly, it stopped working at all. I got messages saying "Windows could not start your camera". So I deleted the Face Configuration from Windows...
  9. Windows 11 Hello - Logitech 4K Brio Stream Edition

Windows 11 Hello - Logitech 4K Brio Stream Edition: Hi,For the past year, I was able to use Windows Hello Windows 11 with my Logitech 4K Brio Stream Edition with no issues at all. Suddenly, it stopped working at all. I got messages saying "Windows could not start your camera". So I deleted the Face Configuration from Windows...
  10. Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition won't work with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Brio 4K Stream Edition won't work with Windows Hello: Greetings, i have been trying to get this Windows Hello certified product to work with said Hello but i can't manage. When i try to enable Hello it says no camera detected and a red light flashes on the camera. Although the camera works fine in every software i have tried so...