Windows 10: Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

Discus and support Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed. It's a new laptop, was ok until i downloaded a zip file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fredtheweasel, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed. It's a new laptop, was ok until i downloaded a zip file to install an app. just the presence of the file in the folder seems to cause windows explorer to hang. Event Viewer reports Application Hang:The program explorer.exe version 10.0.22000.120 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history&

:)

fredtheweasel, Dec 28, 2021
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Dec 28, 2021
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

1. Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed - Similar Threads - File Explorer repeatedly

2. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  3. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  4. Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer: My Dell laptop was previously Windows 10, now 11. When I right click any zipped folder, it immediately crashes Windows Explorer, but then everything comes back. I can't unzip any zipped file at all - doesn't seem to matter what size it is. I was trying to use the built-in...
  5. Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer

Windows 11 zipped folders / files immediately crashes File Explorer: My Dell laptop was previously Windows 10, now 11. When I right click any zipped folder, it immediately crashes Windows Explorer, but then everything comes back. I can't unzip any zipped file at all - doesn't seem to matter what size it is. I was trying to use the built-in...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed

Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed: Windows 11 File Explorer repeatedly hangs when there is a zip file in the folder being viewed. It's a new laptop, was ok until i downloaded a zip file to install an app. just the presence of the file in the folder seems to cause windows explorer to hang. Event Viewer reports...
  7. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  8. Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer repeatedly crashes when viewing folders with RAW files: I have a large number of RAW files from cameras and scanned images many of which have been on my hard disk for several years. Until the recently, i.e. the past couple of days, I have had no issues problems viewing and using the files. However, in the past couple of days...
  9. Explorer hangs when opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer hangs when opening a zip file: It typically remains unresponsive for 5-10 seconds until it finally display the contents of the zip file. Extracting files is also relatively slow. This is on a i7-U6500 with 16 GB LPDDR3 laptop, so that should not be the problem. I have no add-ons or extensions to Explorer...
  10. File Explorer folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...