Windows 10: Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

Discus and support Windows 11 explorer freez and lag in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sinisa s, May 10, 2023.

1. sinisa s Win User

Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes and do not move the mouse on the screen, the explorer does not respond when I move the mouse on the screen again, I click on some box or something else and nothing happens about 8 seconds. I reinstalled windows twice and the third time I downloaded windows again and installed it and nothing helps. It means that it is a bug

:)

sinisa s, May 10, 2023

2. Windows 11 Explorer lags / hangs

Hey Sam -

1) To remove the old Work and School accounts go into Settings > Accounts > Access Work & School, right click the accounts to "Disconnect" first which should allow you to then remove them.

2) If that doesn't fix the Explorer issue, since you think this is account-related you can Test for account corruption by creating a new Local Admin account to see if the problem goes away:

https://pureinfotech.com/create-local-administr...

Sign into the new account, test it works correctly, if so move files over, test all apps work or reinstall any that don't. Then when ready delete the old account in Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users, or change it to a Local Account in Settings > Accounts > Your Info > Sign in with a Local Account Instead..

You can change the new account to your Microsoft account if desired in Settings > Accounts > Your Info > Sign in with a Microsoft Account Instead.

3) If that doesn't fix it try these fixes for Windows 11 Explorer lags or hangs:

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/fil...

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-11/how-to-fix-...

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/how-to-fi...

Feel free to ask back any questions. If you'll post back detailed results then I may know what to suggest next, if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), May 10, 2023
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 10, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag - Similar Threads - explorer freez lag

2. Windows 11 compatibility and Explorer lagging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatibility and Explorer lagging.: - Some games, such as Prototype or games created with the old version of Unity, have compatibility issues when running on Windows 11. Some of these projects have even had their development teams disbanded, so there won't be any software adaptations. Is Windows 11 planning to...
  3. Windows 11 compatibility and Explorer lagging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 compatibility and Explorer lagging.: - Some games, such as Prototype or games created with the old version of Unity, have compatibility issues when running on Windows 11. Some of these projects have even had their development teams disbanded, so there won't be any software adaptations. Is Windows 11 planning to...
  4. Windows 11 explorer freez and lag

Windows 11 explorer freez and lag: Windows explorer freezes and does not respond for about 8 seconds after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the screen. When it is used, everything is fine. So, if I use the computer, everything is fine, but when I stop using it and leave it standing for about 10 or so minutes...
  5. Windows 11 file explorer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer lag: Hi allHas anyone noticed if Microsoft has sorted out the lag when navigating file explorer in Windows 11? I'm currently using an HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen with SSD, and when I upraded the laptop to Windows 11, I noticed an incredible amount of lag when navigating through...
  6. Windows 11 file explorer lag

Windows 11 file explorer lag: Hi allHas anyone noticed if Microsoft has sorted out the lag when navigating file explorer in Windows 11? I'm currently using an HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen with SSD, and when I upraded the laptop to Windows 11, I noticed an incredible amount of lag when navigating through...
  7. Windows 11 Explorer lags / hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer lags / hangs: I also experienced Lags with the Explorer:On Windows 10, i could solve them by removing external file-drives SMB from Quick-Access. I created a folder with Links to the drives instead and explorer was fast again. Probably the explorer tried to connect to these drives and for...
  8. Windows 11 - File explorer lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File explorer lags: This has been happening since I installed the beta. Submitted feedback as well. I have tried all the normal troubleshooting for a lagging file explorer. Quick access is disabled and SFC reports no issues.When navigating folders file explorer with lag and there is a brief hang...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Explorer freezing and lagging randomly: I have had this problem before, windows explorer is freezing and causing other programs to lag, even as i am writing this i type and have to wait more than 5 sec for the text on screen to appear. file explorer glitches from dark mode occasionally turning white and scrolling...
  10. File Explorer is lagging and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is lagging and freezing: This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem: If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU...