Windows 10: Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem

Discus and support Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Please introduce a solution other than the registry and Group Policy and even changing the extension of the Autocorrect files to save me from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gholamreza Heidari, Jul 7, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem

Hello Please introduce a solution other than the registry and Group Policy and even changing the extension of the Autocorrect files to save me from the problem of automatic correction when typing in the search box in Windows 11 Explorer! Win11 23H2 Build 22631.3737

:)

Gholamreza Heidari, Jul 7, 2024

2. Autocorrect Problem

Hello,

Understood, in case you cannot find an entry for autocorrect at the address you provided, it may be necessary to try a different approach. In this case, you can follow the alternative steps below:

Using Group Policy Editor:

Open “Group Policy Editor” from the Start menu.

Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Spelling > Find the entry named “Show autocorrect suggestions”.

Turn off autocorrect by double-clicking this entry and then disabling it.

Registry Editing:

Press Win + R, type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.

Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoComplete

Find the AutoCorrect entry here and set its value to 0 (disabled). If it does not exist, right-click it, create it by choosing New > DWORD (32-bit) Value and set its name to AutoCorrect, then set its value to 0.

Remember to restart Windows Explorer after trying these steps.

Have a wonderful day.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmet

AHMET YAY., Jul 7, 2024
  3. Autocorrect Problem

Hi, My name is Ahmet, and I am an Independent Advisor. I hope you're well, I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I'd be more than happy to assist you.

To disable autocorrect in the Windows Explorer search box on Windows 11, you can try the following steps:

Access Typing Settings:

Open the Settings app by pressing Win + I.

Navigate to Time & language > Typing.

Disable Autocorrect Options:

Under Typing, turn off the toggles for Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words if they are not already off.

Registry Edit:

Sometimes, the settings might not reflect changes in specific areas like the Windows Explorer search box. To ensure autocorrect is completely disabled, you might need to edit the registry:

Press Win + R, type regedit, and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.

Navigate to the following path

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Input\Settings

Look for entries related to autocorrect and spelling correction such as EnableAutocorrect or similar. If found, set their value to 0 (disabled).

Restart Windows Explorer:

After making changes, restart Windows Explorer to ensure the changes take effect.

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.

Find Windows Explorer in the list, right-click on it, and select Restart.

Reboot Your Computer:

Sometimes, a full reboot is necessary to apply all changes system-wide.

If the problem persists, it might be due to a specific setting or a bug in your current Windows build. Keeping your system updated with the latest patches from Microsoft can help resolve such issues.

Let me know how it goes and hopefully it will help.

Have a wonderful day.

Yours sincerely,

Ahmet

AHMET YAY., Jul 7, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem

Autocorrect Problem

Hello

I disabled autocorrect for misspelled words in "typing settings" but in Windows Explorer search box it autocorrects when I type something. Please help me how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Gholamreza Heidari, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem

1. Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem - Similar Threads - Explorer Autocorrect Problem

2. Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Autocorrect Problem: Hello Please introduce a solution other than the registry and Group Policy and even changing the extension of the Autocorrect files to save me from the problem of automatic correction when typing in the search box in Windows 11 Explorer! Win11 23H2 Build 22631.3737...
  3. How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.: Every time I search for a file or something in Explorer, I have to type slower, so the autocorrect don't 'eat up' the words I'm typing when it tries to correct what I'm trying to type, even when it has nothing wrong, or it tries to capitalize the first letter of the word.This...
  4. How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable autocorrect in Explorer search bar.: Every time I search for a file or something in Explorer, I have to type slower, so the autocorrect don't 'eat up' the words I'm typing when it tries to correct what I'm trying to type, even when it has nothing wrong, or it tries to capitalize the first letter of the word.This...
  5. Autocorrect Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocorrect Problem: Hello I disabled autocorrect for misspelled words in "typing settings" but in Windows Explorer search box it autocorrects when I type something. Please help me how to solve this problem. Thanks. OS: Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.3593...
  6. Autocorrect Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autocorrect Problem: Hello I disabled autocorrect for misspelled words in "typing settings" but in Windows Explorer search box it autocorrects when I type something. Please help me how to solve this problem. Thanks. OS: Windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.3593...
  7. Autocorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Autocorrect: My autocorrector works perfectly on word, but it doesnt't work on any other app. I looked on settings, but I can't find a way of solving it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect/f6a2ab9b-6820-47d1-8eb6-9798dad1ae76
  8. Autocorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect: I have been trying to figure out a way to make the software stop autocorrecting the name Aasim to Wasim on my laptop, but I cannot find a method that works. At all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocorrect/3c408d10-51b1-4950-86f4-b0f83dae4a06
  9. Autocorrect

Autocorrect: How do I stop Word in Windows 10 from capitalizing the first letter of a line of type? I want to corect my own mistakes, when they are mistakes. And where to I see an answer to my question? I would love to get email at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Word AutoCorrect problem

Word AutoCorrect problem: I've been adding words and names in Anglo-Saxon to autocorrect (spelling and formatting in italic) and for the most part things work fine, but recently words are disappearing from autocorrect and I have to identify them again. For example, the word gerefa should display as...