Windows 10: Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue

Discus and support Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I have a problem with activating Windows 11 Enterprise on my laptop. The laptop was given to me by the university as part of a scholarship program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Husnat Zahoor, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue

Hey, I have a problem with activating Windows 11 Enterprise on my laptop. The laptop was given to me by the university as part of a scholarship program and it had Windows 10 Enterprise pre-installed. I linked my Microsoft account to the laptop and upgraded to Windows 11 Enterprise, but the activation did not happen automatically. I tried to run the troubleshooter, but it did not help. I also tried to select the option of "I recently changed the hardware" to see if I could activate it that way, but it did not show my current laptop among the devices. However, when I checked my Microsoft accoun

:)

Husnat Zahoor, Dec 16, 2023
  2. JPGSA71 Win User

Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Enterprise

Hi There,

I bought a laptop which was pre-installed with Windows 11 Home.

Our company received our latest activation keys for Windows 11 Enterprise and I need to upgrade to it.

I am battling to find any info on upgrading from 11 home to 11 Enterprise. Searching around I only found info on how to upgrade to Pro edition and one post suggesting that upgrading from Home to Enterprise requires new installation of Windows 11 Enterprise,

I already have valid and licensed O365, Visual Studio etc. installed and configured and would not want to redo all of it.

Will running changepk.exe with Enterprise product key successfully upgrade to Enterprise?

Will inserting the new product key simply upgrade to Enterprise?

Help on this will be appreciated.

JPGSA71, Dec 16, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue

Our organization recently purchased brand new Lenovo desktops and laptops that come with Windows 11 Pro edition through the factory image.

We image them all through SCCM using a custom Windows 11 enterprise (v22H2) image captured from a reference virtual machine. After image process is completed, Windows updates are performed to install the latest updates and then PCs rebooted. Afterwards, we observe that the edition changes from Enterprise to Pro.

We are utilizing the KMS license keys published on the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service webiste under our organization's account. We've discovered that all the KMS license keys for both Enterprise and Pro editions are actually the same which is quite odd. In our case, they are actually Pro licenses based on the result of the license activations. That may explain why the edition changed to Pro.

Unfortunately we can't manually activate the PCs to Windows 11 Enterprise unless we use the generic volume license keys (GLVK) instead.

Is it the recommendation to use the GLVK licenses instead going forward?

Richie Gelabert, Dec 16, 2023
  4. GAStarr Win User

Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue

Windows 10 Enterprise activation key

I upgraded Window 10 Home to Enterprise to enable Remote Desktop. I cannot find and activation key for the Enterprise version. Suggestions?

GAStarr, Dec 16, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue

1. Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue - Similar Threads - Enterprise activation issue

2. Issue with Windows 11 Enterprise Activation on New Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows 11 Enterprise Activation on New Laptop: Hello,I am currently using a Microsoft E3 Enterprise subscription. Recently, I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 laptop. While my Windows 11 Enterprise subscription worked perfectly on my old laptop, I am encountering an issue with my new device.In the Activation state tab,...
  3. Issue with Windows 11 Enterprise Activation on New Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows 11 Enterprise Activation on New Laptop: Hello,I am currently using a Microsoft E3 Enterprise subscription. Recently, I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 laptop. While my Windows 11 Enterprise subscription worked perfectly on my old laptop, I am encountering an issue with my new device.In the Activation state tab,...
  4. Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue: Hi,May I inquire if there is a downgrade policy applicable to all Microsoft products? I have heard that it is possible to downgrade to three earlier versions. Is there any documentation available for reference? I have a customer who purchased Windows Enterprise LTSC 2021 but...
  5. Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue: Hi,May I inquire if there is a downgrade policy applicable to all Microsoft products? I have heard that it is possible to downgrade to three earlier versions. Is there any documentation available for reference? I have a customer who purchased Windows Enterprise LTSC 2021 but...
  6. Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue

7. Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Enterprise activation issue: Hey, I have a problem with activating Windows 11 Enterprise on my laptop. The laptop was given to me by the university as part of a scholarship program and it had Windows 10 Enterprise pre-installed. I linked my Microsoft account to the laptop and upgraded to Windows 11...
  8. Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue

Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue: Our organization recently purchased brand new Lenovo desktops and laptops that come with Windows 11 Pro edition through the factory image. We image them all through SCCM using a custom Windows 11 enterprise v22H2 image captured from a reference virtual machine. After image...
  9. Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue: Our organization recently purchased brand new Lenovo desktops and laptops that come with Windows 11 Pro edition through the factory image. We image them all through SCCM using a custom Windows 11 enterprise v22H2 image captured from a reference virtual machine. After image...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Enterprise Activation Issues: Where to begin? I have a custom built PC. I noticed after about a day or two of using it an "Active Windows" watermark on the bottom right side of my screen. I purchased a Windows 10 Home OEM key from Kinguin, tried it and it didn't work. Gave me error code. I called...