Windows 10: Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown?

Discus and support Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Due to a new workflow I am planning to use multiple Desktops but I do not want to get time invested in just for all my work to be forgotten when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZGA_MsAcct_p, Jul 4, 2024 at 6:43 PM.

1. Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown?

Due to a new workflow I am planning to use multiple Desktops but I do not want to get time invested in just for all my work to be forgotten when I reboot.If I make a new Desktop and open a browser it opens a brand new window with none of my tabs, if I work here and Desktop-1, will Windows 11 remember both Desktop-1 and Desktop-2 and Desktop-3...etc or is everything lost and only 1 profile or set of tabs is stored in Microsoft Edge.I know that when working in only 1 desktop, it remembers the File Explorer windows I had open and Edge remembers my last session due to the setting you can use. But

:)

ZGA_MsAcct_p, Jul 4, 2024 at 6:43 PM
  2. Weer Win User

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

3. HHFY Win User
    In Windows 11 power-saving mode, clicking the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen will cause a system crash.

Problem description: As the title suggests.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter Windows 11 power-saving mode.
    2. Click the Windows Focus prompt on the lock screen.
    Expected result: The login screen should appear and after logging in, the browser should automatically open to view content.

Actual result: The system crashes.

Device information:

• Windows 11 version: 22H2 (22621.1413)
    • Device: Lenovo Xiaoxin 14 Pro 2021
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
    Other information:

• When plugged in, the system automatically turns off power-saving mode and cannot be turned on manually. The function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn off power-saving mode and the function works normally.
    • When unplugged, turn on power-saving mode and the system crashes.

4. Catper Win User

Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown?

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Thema:

Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown?

1. Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown? - Similar Threads - Desktop screens saved

2. Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Do New Desktop screens get saved when I shutdown?: Due to a new workflow I am planning to use multiple Desktops but I do not want to get time invested in just for all my work to be forgotten when I reboot.If I make a new Desktop and open a browser it opens a brand new window with none of my tabs, if I work here and Desktop-1,...
  3. Saving to Desktop; Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Desktop; Windows 11: Purchased a New Window 11 laptop; disabled Microsfot OneDrive.Some of the work I do I use NotePad to paste Text copied elsewhere...and then use SAVE AS to save the Text. I save the Text to This PC\Desktop on all my other PC's and the Note Pad saved Document saves to the...
  4. Saving to Desktop; Windows 11

Saving to Desktop; Windows 11: Purchased a New Window 11 laptop; disabled Microsfot OneDrive.Some of the work I do I use NotePad to paste Text copied elsewhere...and then use SAVE AS to save the Text. I save the Text to This PC\Desktop on all my other PC's and the Note Pad saved Document saves to the...
  5. When do I get the windows 11 update?

When do I get the windows 11 update?: It has been said that the windows 11 update 21h2 is now available for all pc which meet the requirements so when do I get it? T https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-do-i-get-the-windows-11-update/6ae8cd24-6738-4f86-8847-077e733d8628
  6. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?: When saving excel, word pdf files etc., I have to scroll through explorer to select the folder to save the file to. Sometimes I am saving several files consecutively to the same folder and each time I must go through the process of searching for that folder. In previous...
  7. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?: When saving excel, word pdf files etc., I have to scroll through explorer to select the folder to save the file to. Sometimes I am saving several files consecutively to the same folder and each time I must go through the process of searching for that folder. In previous...
  8. In Windows 10 when I save a file, how do I get it to save to the last folder I saved a file to?

9. How do I get photos to automatically rename when I use "save as" a new photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get photos to automatically rename when I use "save as" a new photo: Hello.I use the photo viewer and editor app in Windows 10. I often edit a photo and use the "save as" feature to create a new photo while saving the original. On one of my computers, when I use this feature after I crop, a new version is created automatically with a 2...
  10. I get the blue screen and shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get the blue screen and shutdown: Hi, I think I updated the graphics card driver but now in the Device manager the Rollback Driver option is frozen. I use Asus UX461F 2 in one laptop. In the system problem reports I have got the following error details. Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date...