Windows 10: Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working

Discus and support Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have Philips TAH4205 Bluetooth headset/headphones. As I understood, it has 2 working profiles:1 Headphones with Stereo, without micro;2 Headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vadim Volkov2, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working

Hello,I have Philips TAH4205 Bluetooth headset/headphones. As I understood, it has 2 working profiles:1 Headphones with Stereo, without micro;2 Headset with micro but with low audio quality;With Windows 10 DELL Inspiron 5712 it worked perfectly - I had 2 output devices headset, headphones and 1 input device headset in devices list. And if I selected headset output + headset input, my micro worked.How it looks in Windows 10:But when I pair this device to Windows 11 Pro 2H32 HP EliteBook 850 8G I see that OS detects it only as : 1 output device headphones and 1 input headset. A

:)

Vadim Volkov2, Jun 11, 2024

2. Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone (treats headset as just headphones)

Using JBL 750BTNC headset with Windows

Bluetooth works well on other devices both for output (headphones) and input (mic built into headphones)

Until about a week ago this headset worked well with the PC via bluetooth

Stopped working in the middle of a Teams call - I reset/restarted everything, disconnected and reconnected bluetooth - then when I initially could not select the headset microphone I then bluetooth re-paired the headset.

Since that time Windows refuses to recognise the headset as anything other than headphones

The mic on the headset works with all other devices - suggesting not a hardware problem

Asus Windows 10 Enterprise PC version 2004 OS build 19041.208 Windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0

Tried adjusting sound mixer/system tray

Tried updating software drivers

No good - windows refuses to acknowledge that the headset microphone exists

David G6_647, Jun 11, 2024
  3. tsur1 Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working 64945d1485963354t-bluetooth-headphones-connect-but-headset-portion-does-not-capture.jpg

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working 64946d1485963354t-bluetooth-headphones-connect-but-headset-portion-does-not-capture.jpg

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Jun 11, 2024
  4. caperjack Win User

Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working

1. Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working - Similar Threads - detects bluetooth headset

2. Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 detects bluetooth headset only as headphones micro not working: Hello,I have Philips TAH4205 Bluetooth headset/headphones. As I understood, it has 2 working profiles:1 Headphones with Stereo, without micro;2 Headset with micro but with low audio quality;With Windows 10 DELL Inspiron 5712 it worked perfectly - I had 2 output devices...
  3. [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.: Hello,I recently have been having an issue with my laptop only recognizing my Bluetooth headphones as headsets. I have tried several different headphones to see if they were the problem but it happened with all of them. I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers,...
  4. [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 11] Laptop will only recognize Bluetooth headphones as headsets.: Hello,I recently have been having an issue with my laptop only recognizing my Bluetooth headphones as headsets. I have tried several different headphones to see if they were the problem but it happened with all of them. I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth drivers,...
  5. Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones: Using JBL 750BTNC headset with Windows Bluetooth works well on other devices both for output headphones and input mic built into headphonesUntil about a week ago this headset worked well with the PC via bluetoothStopped working in the middle of a Teams call - I...
  6. Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones

Windows not detecting bluetooth headset microphone treats headset as just headphones: Using JBL 750BTNC headset with Windows Bluetooth works well on other devices both for output headphones and input mic built into headphonesUntil about a week ago this headset worked well with the PC via bluetoothStopped working in the middle of a Teams call - I...
  7. Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11: ISSUE-- Bluetooth headset not detected by Windows 11 as "Headset"-- All headset devices only detected as "Headphones"-- Forced to use webcam microphone when using Zoom-- All headsets work on old laptop with Windows 10 and on Android 10 phone-- Headphones not listed in the...
  8. Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11

Headset only detected as "Headphones" not "Headset" - Windows 11: ISSUE-- Bluetooth headset not detected by Windows 11 as "Headset"-- All headset devices only detected as "Headphones"-- Forced to use webcam microphone when using Zoom-- All headsets work on old laptop with Windows 10 and on Android 10 phone-- Headphones not listed in the...
  9. Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio: Hey all. I have a Yoga 720, Windows 10. Just got some new Bluetooth headphones with a microphone. I connected them to the laptop and made the headphones the default speakers and made the headset the default mic. I can hear music/audio from my computer Spotify, YouTube,...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Headset Only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Headset Only: Hi, I am having an issue with two different pairs of bluetooth headphones (Plantronics and Senso - different manufacturers) only connecting to my PC as a bluetooth "headset", when they used to connect as both "headset" and "headphones". Normally the headphones would be an...