Windows 10: Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

Discus and support Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have been customizing my folder icons for years but notice that custom icons are no longer in place. After every restart, the icon is back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jennifer Ching, May 30, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

Hi,I have been customizing my folder icons for years but notice that custom icons are no longer in place. After every restart, the icon is back to the default., yellow folder icon.I have followed the process of changing the folder icons but this keeps happening. What gives? Anyone have a solve for this?

:)

Jennifer Ching, May 30, 2024
  2. KeithM Win User

folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

It's "double-hidden " (system attribute set as well). Check your folder view options:

Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons  revert to default after restart 231723d1556236786t-folder-icons-i-customize-keep-reverting-back-default-show-hidden-system.png

Keith

KeithM, May 30, 2024
  3. Windows 11 Folder custom Icon Issue

Not only that but when I customize folders and sub folders to pictures it may or may not comply. Windows 10 had the same problem with windows ten reverting back to General Items often. If I wanted a list of 50 to 5000 items I would not mind but I don't want a list I want icons. You should have stuck with windows 7 and let us control our own computers.

paulthreetees, May 30, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, May 30, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

1. Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart - Similar Threads - Custom Folder Icons

2. Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Custom Folder Icons revert to default after restart: Hi,I have been customizing my folder icons for years but notice that custom icons are no longer in place. After every restart, the icon is back to the default., yellow folder icon.I have followed the process of changing the folder icons but this keeps happening. What gives?...
  3. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  4. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  5. Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11: Hi Everyone,I uploaded some custom icons to my apps but I want to restore them to the default icons. However, I don't know how to do this.Please may someone inform how to do thisKind Regards Aryan...
  6. Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11: Hi Everyone,I uploaded some custom icons to my apps but I want to restore them to the default icons. However, I don't know how to do this.Please may someone inform how to do thisKind Regards Aryan...
  7. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  8. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  9. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  10. How to add custom folder icons as default?

How to add custom folder icons as default?: hi, I am new to this forums, so pardon my mistakes... I would like to know how to change the default plain folder icons to custom folder as default... I was able to change lots of icons using customisergod from door2windows... but i got stuck with "folders which have...