Windows 10: Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam

Discus and support Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a lot of crashes on my system, sometimes just after boot or running games etc.I tried : reinstalling/updating windows, updating motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimonDHU, Aug 31, 2022.

1. SimonDHU Win User

Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam

Hi,I have a lot of crashes on my system, sometimes just after boot or running games etc.I tried : reinstalling/updating windows, updating motherboard BIOS to latest, memtest86 scan with no errors.Can you help me analyze the dumps ?Here are the dumps and system info :https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvPk7jdlR4azhDPJsUknwy7SzklN

:)

SimonDHU, Aug 31, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 31, 2022
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please confirm a few things for me.

1. Is this issue occurring with ‘Steam’ being installed on your system?
    2. Have you checked if the controller still works on your Windows when ‘Steam’ is not running in the background?

Please check with the following methods.

Method 1:

Stop the process for steam in task manager and check with this.

You can stop ‘Steam’ running in the background by following the steps below:

1. Press ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’. This will launch the ‘Task Manager’.
    2. Click on the ‘Details’ tab, you should be able to locate the ‘steam.exe’ process if ‘Steam’ is running in the background.
    3. Right-click on it and select ‘End process tree’ to stop the ‘Steam’ running in the background.
    4. Check if the controller is still working on the Desktop.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check the settings in the Steam application. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch the ‘Steam’ application, click on ‘Settings’.
    2. You should be able to locate the ‘Controller’ option under ‘Settings’.
    3. Under ‘Controller Configuration’, click on the ‘Desktop Configuration’. Please confirm the settings there.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 31, 2022
  4. Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam

are all steam games available on windows 11

okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?

cookiscript, Aug 31, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam

1. Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam - Similar Threads - crashes boot running

2. Steam Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Crashing: Hello.I've recently discovered an issue where if I open up a Steam game that has a launcher, a black box that fits that launchers window, appears behind the launcher and it moves with it when I drag the launchers window around. When I hover my mouse over that black box, it...
  3. Steam Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Crashing: Hello.I've recently discovered an issue where if I open up a Steam game that has a launcher, a black box that fits that launchers window, appears behind the launcher and it moves with it when I drag the launchers window around. When I hover my mouse over that black box, it...
  4. Steam Games Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  5. Steam Games Crashing

Steam Games Crashing: Hi! Can anyone help me? My steam games keep crashing mid game randomly. I only have steam, OBS streaming, and a browser open. Even when I have just steam and a browser open my the same problem occurs. I have a Nvidia RTX 4090, AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, and 64GB of...
  6. Windows 11 Crashes When Playing Steam Games

Windows 11 Crashes When Playing Steam Games: Hello,I was recently playing some games when my computer crashed. This has not been the first time that this has happened and every time it crashes I get a different type of error. Usually when the computer crashes it will crash again right after rebooting and will continue...
  7. Windows 11 Crashes When Playing Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashes When Playing Steam Games: Hello,I was recently playing some games when my computer crashed. This has not been the first time that this has happened and every time it crashes I get a different type of error. Usually when the computer crashes it will crash again right after rebooting and will continue...
  8. Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes on boot / running steam: Hi,I have a lot of crashes on my system, sometimes just after boot or running games etc.I tried : reinstalling/updating windows, updating motherboard BIOS to latest, memtest86 scan with no errors.Can you help me analyze the dumps ?Here are the dumps and system info...
  9. Rust and steam crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rust and steam crashes: I have a omen with a i5 7600k, a gtx 1060 and 8 gigabytes of ram. It has windows ten on it, and no SSD. My rust crashes about every hour of playing, and the frames seem low. I have the same issue with minecraft, but other random games do fine like garrys mod and such. Is my...
  10. Can't Run Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Run Steam Games: I just finished building my PC, and I downloaded DirectX but Im getting an alert from Xenuine with error code 00000A00/0019 and MSVCP140.dll, what do i need to download in order to run my games?...