Windows 10: Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

Discus and support Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danny_bball, May 4, 2022.

1. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix for this.

:)

Danny_bball, May 4, 2022

2. High CPU Usage at Idle

You also might want to take a look at Dynamic frequency scaling (also known as CPU throttling). Under Windows 10, the CPU is throttled back to 5% when the computer is idle and then gradually goes back up depending on work load. Perhaps the minimum and maximum percentages have been somehow altered from their defaults of 5% to 100%. Or on the Advanced Settings Tab, it might be set to High performance.

To check, follow this path: Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings.

Open the pull-down box and select "Balanced". On the list below, expand Processor power management > Minimum processor state.

Windows 11  CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE [​IMG]

Click on the word "Setting" and enter your desired percentage. The default is 5%. Note that if "High performance" is selected, the percentage is bumped up to 100%. This may be why your CPU is running fast. You can now retest using CPU-Z.

Mint Waxed, May 4, 2022
  3. High CPU usage in Windows 10.

Hello Gred,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with high CPU usage in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• What do you mean when you say "there are many scheduled updates that I can not see"?
    • Do you mean you are not receiving Windows updates?

High CPU percentage may be due to various reasons like too many programs running in the background or a certain program is consuming high CPU usage. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Place your system in Clean boot state and find out which software or program is causing the issue:

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer the article below to perform clean boot:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Please refer to the section:
    How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install
    a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your
    computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.
    If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

Step 2: Further I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...recorder/a1648e8c-50c7-4243-9f1d-4216385c7ff3

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 4, 2022
  4. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

windows 10 high constant cpu usage

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?
    I would like to inform you that High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Additional info:

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/performance-maintenance-help#performance-maintenance-help=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

1. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE - Similar Threads - CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE

2. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  3. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  4. High cpu percentage on task manager

High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  5. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  6. Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU HIGH PERFORMANCE PERCENTAGE: Please I would like to report an issue with Windows 11, it runs unreasonably high even when I'm not doing anything with it. Please kindly suggest a fix for this....
  7. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.: Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot and I can't really play. The services are State Repository and Role Access Manager.I tried many solutions and seems like the...
  8. Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.

Windows 11 Services using high CPU percentage.: Sometimes when I start a game or try to stream for twitch, 2 of windows services start running using a lot of CPU percentage, which slows my pc a lot and I can't really play. The services are State Repository and Role Access Manager.I tried many solutions and seems like the...
  9. System interrupts using high percentage of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts using high percentage of CPU: Occasionally my PC will slow down drastically. I will open task manager to find out what is causing the slowdown, only to find system interrupts using about 80% of my CPU. The problem I have with troubleshooting this is that unlike other users who have posted about this...
  10. CPU high percentage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU high percentage: Antimalware service executable is consuming a lot of CPU. How do I disable it ? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cpu-high-percentage/98023cc6-d869-4f4f-98dd-b3fa9077bbd7