Windows 10: windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

Discus and support windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; google chrome also frequently shows the 'oh snap' sign then my PC would really quickly after that restarts or it would just randomly frozen for aout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [nZk]Kanra, Mar 8, 2023.

1. windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

google chrome also frequently shows the 'oh snap' sign then my PC would really quickly after that restarts or it would just randomly frozen for aout 2-3 seconds then restart randomly as I'm working and using it or just left idle for a period of time. I don't have the 'put to sleep after this period of time' or 'black out my screen after a period of time' on.

:)

[nZk]Kanra, Mar 8, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

PC restarted by itself when it was idle how can i check why in

Hi, as I said, predicting the relevant event id's for a restart that occurred for unknown reasons is not straightforward. Try searching for 'What is the event id for a restart' for example, and you'll see what I mean.

I can only suggest you inspect the events around the period of interest , looking for a log off, shut down, restart... and if necessary using the link I posted to identify them. Trying to work out why a PC restarted just from the event viewer could be extremely time consuming, depending on the number of events.

If you're lucky and there are few, then it may be feasible to discover something.

First you'd need a list in time order - note that if you simply open the Event Viewer, the reports are categorised,which make tracking something through time impossible. as you know the time period, you could try this:

windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time 139676d1497552810t-pc-restarted-itself-when-idle-how-can-i-check-why-untitled.png

But easier is to get this free program (title top left) which lists events in order:

windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time 139677d1497553086t-pc-restarted-itself-when-idle-how-can-i-check-why-1.jpg

Much easier: look at your update history for that day: does it show an update being applied? If so, what is it? Does that update require a restart?

dalchina, Mar 8, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Restarts if Left Idle

Hi Argel,

Thanks for your reply.

In response to your questions:

• As far as I remember, I did not make any changes. (But again, is there a way I can make sure?)
    • I was using the balanced plan before. I have left the PC on high performace since last night. So far, there have been no restarts (which is encouraging, since it used to happen every 10 mins or so of being idle).
    • Somehow, all my previous restore points seem to have been deleted after I tried to restore to the most recent one!

KeyvanEslami, Mar 8, 2023
  4. windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

Windows 10 Restarts if Left Idle

This started a while ago (perhaps two or three weeks back) on my desktop PC: If left unattended for several minutes, it restarts unexpectedly. It does not happen when I'm working with it.

I have searched for answers in the Microsoft community and tried every suggested method. These included:

• running System File Checker,
    • unplugging every external device,
    • restoring the default setting in the Power Options,
    • checking for driver and Windows updates,
    • and, finally, performing a clean boot.
    After each restart, the Event Log only logs an unexpected shutdown. It shows a critical error, noting "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
    For the source, it says Kernel-Power.

I have tried restoring the Windows to a previous restore point to no avail: It ends up restarting and coming back on with an error message that the restore was not successful.

I'd appreciate any help.

KeyvanEslami, Mar 8, 2023
Thema:

windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

1. windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time - Similar Threads - constantly restarts touch

2. BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11 PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA: Hey guys,My PC keeps BSODing me PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA when I leave it idle for a few minutes sometimes at random too. I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. I followed the instructions in this thread...
  3. BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when idle after a period of time in Windows 11: Hey guys,My PC keeps BSODing me when I leave it idle for a few minutes sometimes at random too. I tried a lot of stuff but nothing seems to work. I followed the instructions in this thread...
  4. windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 constantly restarts after I touch it again after left idle for a period of time: google chrome also frequently shows the 'oh snap' sign then my PC would really quickly after that restarts or it would just randomly frozen for aout 2-3 seconds then restart randomly as I'm working and using it or just left idle for a period of time. I don't have the 'put to...
  5. Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle: Every morning when my computer has been idle overnight my computer has black screen with the applications still open, but its 'glitched out' in terms of when i grab a window and drag this leaves a trail of windows all over the screen. The task bar is gone, and the only thing...
  6. Screen won’t turn on again after idle time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen won’t turn on again after idle time: Recent issue with my laptop - When it goes into idle mode and the screen turns off, It won’t turn on again. I have to do a hard shut down each time. This has happened several times. I have hibernate already turned off and have tried that keyboard shortcut thing to restart...
  7. Pc freezes after left idle some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after left idle some time: My pc freezes i can't do nothing but restart after left idle some minutes. I tried some power options didn't work. And i also tried memory ram checking, disk defrag, ccleaner and other stuff. Can someone help me please? specs: i5 3470 3.2gHz 8gb ram rx 550 500gb HDD 450W psu...
  8. Bluetooth headphones audio gets choppy after being left idle for any period of time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones audio gets choppy after being left idle for any period of time.: Hello, so here is my problem: I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I have a set of Bose AE2 Soundlink wireless Bluetooth headphones. The audio works perfectly fine at first, but if I let it sit idle for, let's say, longer than a minute, the audio will be choppy; by this, I...
  9. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  10. BSOD after Windows left idle.

BSOD after Windows left idle.: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 7 back in July I have been experiencing random crashes. Sometimes I try something (removing a program, updating a driver) and that seems to fix it for a bit, but then it comes back. The one consistent pattern is that it...