Windows 10: Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional.

Discus and support Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 on a work issued Dell Vostro. My bluetooth headset Bose nc 700 connects, BUT the mic doesn't function.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MCrgVM, Jan 17, 2024.

1. MCrgVM Win User

Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional.

I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 on a work issued Dell Vostro. My bluetooth headset Bose nc 700 connects, BUT the mic doesn't function. The headset is listed as my default audio output and input device on my computer, and I have run through the audio source fixes in an attempt to fix this. I have reached out to Bose, and I have run through all the audio drivers on the computer in an attempt to fix the issue, but it persists. The odd thing is that this is a regular problem, but occasionally the headset works fine. I should also mention that this headset works as expected o

:)

MCrgVM, Jan 17, 2024
  2. JohnnyGui Win User

Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Yes I have but it's still too low.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

So I think I found the culprit. The cable itself I connect the headset with has a low-quality built-in mic as well.
    Connecting the headset with that cable into the microphone aux enables that mic instead of the mic built in the headset.

I was thinking of buying an aux cable without a built-in mic but I'd then need something like the following which I can't find anywhere.

Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional. 329912d1619694849t-headsets-mic-not-working-when-connected-aux-te-vinden-aux-kabel.jpg

Does such a cable actually exist?

JohnnyGui, Jan 17, 2024
  3. Curiou Win User
    Headset's Mic not working when connected to AUX?

Hi,

I know it's an old post. But looks like I am in the same situation as you were. Did you find the solution for it ? Did you try a 2.5mm TRRS (4 poles) male to 3.5mm TRRS (4 poles) male connector wire ?

Curiou, Jan 17, 2024
  4. fireberd Win User

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Jan 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional. - Similar Threads - connects headset mic

2. Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 connects to headset but mic is not functional.: I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 on a work issued Dell Vostro. My bluetooth headset Bose nc 700 connects, BUT the mic doesn't function. The headset is listed as my default audio output and input device on my computer, and I have run through the audio source...
  3. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  4. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  5. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But Bluetooth mic does not work. But my bluetoth mic works in friend's windows 10 desktop.Please helpthanks in advanced....
  6. Headset mic

Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  7. headset mic

headset mic: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognize...
  8. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  9. Bluetooth Headset with Mic, the two functions not working together

Bluetooth Headset with Mic, the two functions not working together: Hi all, I have a bluetooth headset with mic incorporated, Windows is recognizing it with both functions. The problem is that when the mic is requested by an application (also the sound settings themselves), the audio is muted. It is like the microphone and the headset...
  10. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But every time i tried to use my mic the audio stops and mic works and same vice versa. I want to be able to speak and listen at the same...