Windows 10: Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU

Discus and support Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Question Does Microsoft not have Quality Control on their ISO's ?This morning I downloaded a Windows 11 iso from Microsoft. Currently on 23H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kirbster 1, Jun 7, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU

Question Does Microsoft not have Quality Control on their ISO's ?This morning I downloaded a Windows 11 iso from Microsoft. Currently on 23H2 22631.3672During install I deleted every last partition x4 M2 NVME drives, 1 SSD drive, and 1 USB backup drive.Proceeded to do a "Clean Install". After installing, headed over to Windows Update to get all the updates.After everything was said and done, on a Virgin Windows 11 install for the heck of it I decided to run sfc /scannow. It found corrupt files. Then I ran Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth and it to as well found problems.This was a vir

:)

kirbster 1, Jun 7, 2024

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 7, 2024
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 7, 2024
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 7, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU

1. Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU - Similar Threads - Clean Install updates

2. Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Clean Install with only updates from WU: Question Does Microsoft not have Quality Control on their ISO's ?This morning I downloaded a Windows 11 iso from Microsoft. Currently on 23H2 22631.3672During install I deleted every last partition x4 M2 NVME drives, 1 SSD drive, and 1 USB backup drive.Proceeded to do a...
  3. Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10: I wish to use my Windows 10 Pro upgrade option to Windows 11 and would like a clean install, VIA. Diskpart "Clean" hard drive , "Standard Format" and check hard drive for errors while formatting. Then complete the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I realize my question is not...
  4. Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10

Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10: I wish to use my Windows 10 Pro upgrade option to Windows 11 and would like a clean install, VIA. Diskpart "Clean" hard drive , "Standard Format" and check hard drive for errors while formatting. Then complete the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I realize my question is not...
  5. Clean installation from updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation from updates.: Hello guys. I installed Windows 10 20H2 on my PC using windows.old method. I got the normal Windows.old folder for my initial account username NOTEBOOK15, which had over 400GB of files. Username for this 20H2 Windows was S.I then installed version 1909 using this same method...
  6. Clean installation from updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean installation from updates.: Hello guys. I installed Windows 10 20H2 on my PC using windows.old method. I got the normal Windows.old folder for my initial account username NOTEBOOK15, which had over 400GB of files. Username for this 20H2 Windows was S.I then installed version 1909 using this same method...
  7. Clean installation from updates.

8. Update to 21H1 vanished from WU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to 21H1 vanished from WU: Hello. I was on 1909 when Windows forced 20H2 update on me at the end of April. Fortunately, everything went fine, except that CBS.log still shows several files as having user or permissions set twice. Somewhere at the beginning of July, I got offered optional update to 21H1...
  9. Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install: I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange. I am assuming I would get more updates than these. Running version 1511 build 10586 Is it because Win10 is too new ??? And I kept pressing the...
  10. Does Upgrading to Win10 from WU have clean install option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Upgrading to Win10 from WU have clean install option?: That's basically my question. I'm planning to upgrade my Win7 laptop to Win10 next week and I'd like to know if there is an option for clean install (Delete all files, fresh windows settings, old windows moved to "windows.old" folder) from Windows Update or do I have to...