Windows 10: Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

Discus and support Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vishnubly, Nov 6, 2021.

1. vishnubly Win User

Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I thought I wanted to set different slideshows for both desktops, then I found out that I could not do that, so I thought of instead setting a single slideshow same for the both. So while it worked, whenever I restart my laptop and change desktop from the opened one to another, both backgrounds get changed back to single pictures. I tried removing one of the desktops and setting the background as slideshow then restart, but then once I again create a

:)

vishnubly, Nov 6, 2021

2. Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 6, 2021
  3. rees Win User
    background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting?

rees, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Askew Win User

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Hey Everyone,

I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings.

I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works fine for a while, but eventually later when I return to my computer, it seems Windows 10 disables slideshow and changes back to 'picture'. I have to manually change it back to slideshow and it works again for some time until it disables again.

I looked at my power settings and nothing in there shows to disable the slideshow on battery (I do have a UPC though) and have tried deleting all of my themes and creating a new one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

p.s. I am using a microsoft account and I leave my computer running all the time (never going to sleep).

Askew, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture. - Similar Threads - background keep resetting

2. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme: A simple problem with a seemingly impossible fix: I personalized my desktop to have a custom theme. The custom theme works with the exception of background slideshow which gets reset 100% of the time. For example, right now my desktop background is not on a slideshow. It is...
  3. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme: A simple problem with a seemingly impossible fix: I personalized my desktop to have a custom theme. The custom theme works with the exception of background slideshow which gets reset 100% of the time. For example, right now my desktop background is not on a slideshow. It is...
  4. Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?: I have a folder set to shuffle as a slideshow for my wallpaper not lock screen and it keeps resetting to an individual picture with my doing so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-background-keeps-resetting-from/0aea0092-90fd-4a2c-a696-bbe2b7f3d488
  5. Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?

Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?: I have a folder set to shuffle as a slideshow for my wallpaper not lock screen and it keeps resetting to an individual picture with my doing so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-background-keeps-resetting-from/0aea0092-90fd-4a2c-a696-bbe2b7f3d488
  6. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  7. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  8. Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.: I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I thought I wanted to set different slideshows for both desktops, then I found out that I could not do that, so I thought of instead...
  9. Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow: Hi, Like many other people I have the issue that after a restart the background slideshow resets to Picture. It is still a picture from the slideshow but not what it was set to. The lockscreen could not be changed claiming that some settings were disabled by my...
  10. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background switches from Slideshow to Picture: Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings. I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works...