Windows 10: Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

Discus and support Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi JohnCan you help me?After windows 11 22h2 update my Bluetooth headphones work when listening to music, watching movies, video games etc but if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mosesmuwanguzi1, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

Hi JohnCan you help me?After windows 11 22h2 update my Bluetooth headphones work when listening to music, watching movies, video games etc but if I make a WhatsApp call or a call on Microsoft teams I don't hear any ringing sound and unable to hear the person on the other end once they pickup but they can hear me, but if I try Microsoft teams through the browser am able to hear the person on the other end, so not sure what to do, I have stopped and restarted the Bluetooth services ,I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound drivers , tried windows update and not lucky

:)

mosesmuwanguzi1, Oct 14, 2022
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 14, 2022
  3. Windows 11 and Bluetooth Headphones Audio issues.

Hi Luca. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

This is the problem with driver updater apps and the reason no expert recommends them. Once it installs a bad driver it may take a Clean install (which is NOT a reset) to get rid of it.

1) But first let's try the fixes for bluetooth headphones in Windows 11 won't play or muffled:

https://www.headphonesty.com/2020/08/bluetooth-...

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-no-so...

https://www.howto-connect.com/fix-bluetooth-hea...

https://thegadgetbuyer.com/why-do-my-bluetooth-...

https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/03/headphones...

2) You can roll back and block Feature Update 22H2 in Windows 10:

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-roll-back...

https://www.itechtics.com/block-windows-22h2-up...

3) Look over this tutorial for a gold standard Clean Install which compiles the best possible Install of Windows which will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given, has zero reported problems, and is better than any amount of money could buy: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Note that the driver steps are so important they are printed in red.

The reason I suggest this install is that no one of millions who has done it has ever come back to report further problems I've seen, including another version failure. This is because everything in Windows 10 is dependent upon the quality of the install, especially Version Updates which will choke on lesser quality installs, and there is no possibility of problems if you stick ONLY with the steps, tools and methods in that tutorial.

It is also one of life's great learning experiences that will permanently make you the master of your PC because you will learn everything that works best and how to keep it that way.

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Veteran MVP now Independent Advisor, Oct 14, 2022
  4. Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Oct 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

1. Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update - Similar Threads - 22h2 Bluetooth headphones

2. Bluetooth broken after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth broken after update.: My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work from home today. My PC decided to update and now I can't connect or remove anything from the list of Bluetooth devices. There...
  3. Bluetooth broken after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth broken after update.: My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work from home today. My PC decided to update and now I can't connect or remove anything from the list of Bluetooth devices. There...
  4. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11, version 23H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11, version 23H2 update: Today, after the Windows 11, version 23H2 update, my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard were disabled and I couldn't understand why! I restarted my laptop Asus Zephyrus M16 and then I saw my Windows updated because the Copilot preview version added a side of the start menu. So, I...
  5. Wired Headphones not working after Updating to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Headphones not working after Updating to Windows 11 22H2: This morning I updated to Windows 11 22H2 on my Microsoft Surface Studio Laptop from a previous Windows 11 release, and my wired headphones haven't played any audio ever since. My speakers work when I switch to them, but my headphones do not.I had this problem when I first...
  6. Wired Headphones not working after Updating to Windows 11 22H2

Wired Headphones not working after Updating to Windows 11 22H2: This morning I updated to Windows 11 22H2 on my Microsoft Surface Studio Laptop from a previous Windows 11 release, and my wired headphones haven't played any audio ever since. My speakers work when I switch to them, but my headphones do not.I had this problem when I first...
  7. Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update: Hi JohnCan you help me?After windows 11 22h2 update my Bluetooth headphones work when listening to music, watching movies, video games etc but if I make a WhatsApp call or a call on Microsoft teams I don't hear any ringing sound and unable to hear the person on the other end...
  8. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update: Why Microsoft, why??? How can you get something so basic completely wrong?If anyone has a solution for this, I'd love to hear about it.Thanks in advance!...
  9. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update

Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update: Why Microsoft, why??? How can you get something so basic completely wrong?If anyone has a solution for this, I'd love to hear about it.Thanks in advance!...
  10. Dolby Atmos over Bluetooth headphones is broken after latest Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos over Bluetooth headphones is broken after latest Windows updates: After a recent Windows update, if I select Dolby Atmos for Headphones in the Spatial Audio settings for my Bluetooth headset, the Movies & TV app will play any surround sound videos at 1FPS. No audio plays. If I play any games, no audio comes out. If I switch to Windows...