Windows 10: Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router

Discus and support Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lenovo running windows 11 and HP Windows 10Drops Wi-Fi connection with AT&T Gateway BGW210... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jane Ostericher, Oct 10, 2024 at 9:12 PM.

1. Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router

Lenovo running windows 11 and HP Windows 10Drops Wi-Fi connection with AT&T Gateway BGW210

:)

Jane Ostericher, Oct 10, 2024 at 9:12 PM
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. ALotfiCo Win User
    950XL Wifi / Router Problem

Since I have purchased my 950XL the wifi connection in my router shuts down, I still have wired connection but all devices connected via wifi lose their connection to router. Apparently others have the same issue as well My 950xl is messing with my router.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

UPDATE:

• I have had 15 conversations on Twitter with @LumiaHelp & so far they have suggested general instructions. I will report back if they truly provide a solution.
    • This is the model of the modem that gets affected DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem | CDA3 | Hitron Americas

UPDATE FEB 6:

• Lumia Help & Microsoft's provided solutions via Twitter (@LumiaHelp) has been useless.
    • If anyone has this issue, please kindly complain on Twitter as more voices are needed.
    • They are suggesting this is an isolated issue & I keep sending the list of people whom everyday come up with this problem.
    • I need help to raise awareness otherwise we won't be noticed.
    • My ID on twitter is @LotfiCo if you want to include me in your message.

Update June 6:

• After months of back and forth with Lumia & Microsoft support, the phone works with certain routers and as evidenced by latest replies, it still doesn't work with some select other routers.
    • This effort has been useless in a sense that proper attention has not been given to this issue.
    • Is having a wifi connection too much too ask on a "smart phone"?
    • The support response has been ridiculous at best.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Thema:

Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router

1. Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router - Similar Threads - 10s wifi connection

2. Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10s and windows 11 wifi connection problems with ATT router: Lenovo running windows 11 and HP Windows 10Drops Wi-Fi connection with AT&T Gateway BGW210 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10s-and-windows-11-wifi-connection/68ba6496-21cd-4f80-a8bc-ed1b3f774f4a
  3. Lenovo Laptop running Windows 11 Will Not Connect to WiFi Router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop running Windows 11 Will Not Connect to WiFi Router: I have over 3 hours spent trying to connect to my WiFi through my Nighthawk Router. I keep getting the error message “Windows did not detect any networking hardware”. I have tried doing a warm reboot and a hard reboot of my laptop, rebooting my modem and router, resetting my...
  4. Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router: My window 11 can't connect to my wifi 6 router using the AX protocol, the network shows in the tray but when trying to connect it simply says it cannot connect to it.Funnily enough it connects normally if I change the wireless adapter properties to use the AC band instead,...
  5. Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router

Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router: My window 11 can't connect to my wifi 6 router using the AX protocol, the network shows in the tray but when trying to connect it simply says it cannot connect to it.Funnily enough it connects normally if I change the wireless adapter properties to use the AC band instead,...
  6. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  7. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  8. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  10. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...