Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Reposting again because I think I categorized it wrong. I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tobi Adetula, Oct 21, 2024 at 6:12 PM.

1. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

Reposting again because I think I categorized it wrong. I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset this PC” -> “Keep my files” -> “choose an account to continue” -> click MY account that I know the email and password to -> “Enter the password for this account” -> I do so, says it’s incorrect, check key board layout, try again, try again. Reset my password. Double check many many many times I have t

:)

Tobi Adetula, Oct 21, 2024 at 6:12 PM
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

4. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 21, 2024 at 6:28 PM
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

1. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost - Similar Threads - won’t let type

2. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost: Reposting again because I think I categorized it wrong. I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset...
  3. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost: Reposting again because I think I categorized it wrong. I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset...
  4. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC: I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset this PC” -> “Keep my files” -> “choose an account to...
  5. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC

Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC: I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset this PC” -> “Keep my files” -> “choose an account to...
  6. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it: My laptop must’ve updated or restarted because when I opened it after it being away a couple of hours I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key. I did and was eventually brought to the typical sign in screen. It told me to give my finger print. I did. Then it told me it...
  8. Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it

Windows forcing me to reset my pin but won’t let me reset it: My laptop must’ve updated or restarted because when I opened it after it being away a couple of hours I was prompted to enter my bitlocker key. I did and was eventually brought to the typical sign in screen. It told me to give my finger print. I did. Then it told me it...
  9. Windows 10 won’t let me factory reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t let me factory reset!: I forgot my password to my windows 10 pro desktop. I remember the first day I got it, it asked for a password and I put it. but then it asked me to use a pin. and then they asked security questions. however, i’ve only had to use the actual password once because it always asks...
  10. Windows won’t let me remove my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t let me remove my password: Whenever I run the netplwiz command there’s supposed to be a checkbox at the top that allows you to not have to use a password when signing in, but it isn’t there for me. Any help would be appreciated submitted by /u/robbioliman [link] [comments]...