Windows 10: Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works

Discus and support Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop froze while downloading a game on Steam, so I shut it off and turned it back on to see if that would fix it when I was met with the Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JLee2112, Sep 14, 2023.

1. JLee2112 Win User

Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works

My desktop froze while downloading a game on Steam, so I shut it off and turned it back on to see if that would fix it when I was met with the Recovery screen and the error code 0xc000000f and at times 0xc000000e. Trying to enter the Recovery Environment simply restarts my computer, and hitting "Try Again" does nothing as well. I have used both an external disk drive and a flash drive with Windows 10 installation media in NTFS format but both options do not work, even after configuring the bios to boot from the drives and turning off anything that would prohibit it booting, like secure boot.

:)

JLee2112, Sep 14, 2023
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Sep 14, 2023
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 14, 2023
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works - Similar Threads - wont boot already

2. Can't update Windows 10 to 22H2 - have tried a lot of things already

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows 10 to 22H2 - have tried a lot of things already: Heya,I've been trying to update Windows 10 from v1909 to 22H2 for couple of days and what keeps happening mainly is that :The update is either downloading & installing without any problems BUT after the restart nothing happened.I receive these error codes : 0xc19001 -...
  3. Can't update Windows 10 to 22H2 - have tried a lot of things already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update Windows 10 to 22H2 - have tried a lot of things already: Heya,I've been trying to update Windows 10 from v1909 to 22H2 for couple of days and what keeps happening mainly is that :The update is either downloading & installing without any problems BUT after the restart nothing happened.I receive these error codes : 0xc19001 -...
  4. Can't update Windows 10 to 22H2 - have tried a lot of things already

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works: My desktop froze while downloading a game on Steam, so I shut it off and turned it back on to see if that would fix it when I was met with the Recovery screen and the error code 0xc000000f and at times 0xc000000e. Trying to enter the Recovery Environment simply restarts my...
  6. Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 wont boot, have already tried multiple things but nothing works: My desktop froze while downloading a game on Steam, so I shut it off and turned it back on to see if that would fix it when I was met with the Recovery screen and the error code 0xc000000f and at times 0xc000000e. Trying to enter the Recovery Environment simply restarts my...
  7. im having problem with my windows update having a error 800f081f tried many thing nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im having problem with my windows update having a error 800f081f tried many thing nothing works: i was trying to update a quality update named 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022303 and now it is giving me a 0x800f081f error and also there is a saying it is an important security update. i have run a sfc scan and also dism...
  8. Cannot update Windows 0x80073712 error, tried multiple things already

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update Windows 0x80073712 error, tried multiple things already: I get an 0x80073712 error whenever I try to install windows updates. I have tried a variety of things to fix this, but none of them seem to take. This include:1. Running the troubleshooter. Unable to do anything.2. Running the DSIM tool with the "DISM.exe /Online...
  9. BSOD- Tried multiple things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD- Tried multiple things: I think it first started with when my windows would try to update and the day a problem occurred and would then continue to undo updates. One day I was using my laptop (hp) and the WiFi network wasnt picking up so I troubleshooted the problem and it said something about...
  10. WINDOWS KEY NOT WORKING - Already tried all thing on this forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS KEY NOT WORKING - Already tried all thing on this forum: My windows key simply stoped working Now when I try to use WIN+ "something" it selects the icon with the letter I press. Like I press WIN+Dto desktop it selects the icon with a letter D Already tried everything I seen in this forum about it nothing seem to work...